Chapter Three: Somebody

~Author's Note
Thanks for the 50 reads guys, it may seem like nothing compared to other authors with 1M but to me it's crazy to know 50 people even CLICKED on this book, be it accidentally or not xD

You guys mean a lot to me.

[The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that's the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides]
-Audrey Hepburn

"I remember when I was little and I used to run around in the never-ending fields behind our house, it was so much fun. Sometimes mother would join me too," Fallon's eyes glistened with nostalgia as she choked out a dry laugh.

"Then she would call me in and I'd be so sad because I was convinced that as soon as I left, it would rain and I wouldn't be allowed out. Mother would always smile and say the same thing: 'if that ever happens, I'll make the skies smile for you'. I never understand what she meant. But somewhere inside of me I knew it meant she'd do anything for me because she loved me.

"It's a nice feeling - to be loved. Kind of warm and really touches your heart. That's what I felt this one time," the first tear fell and rolled down her cheek, "when it really did start raining. Mother told me to make her happy and tell me a joke. I was easily distracted and naïve. I told her one. She started laughing, probably more than necessary, and then I looked outside and it was bright and sunny. I didn't question it."

By now, everyone attending the funeral had eyes on Fallon. Majority of which she didn't know but called painfully one by one via Brooks phone two weeks ago after finding out about her mother's passing away to ask them to pay their respects and come along. To hear all their individual cries and sobs broke Fallon's heart even more. They were all broken. All needed to pick up the shattered pieces of their heart.

"Isn't it ironic?" Fallon continued bitterly with an emotionless smile, "That she died the same way she used to bring life to the outside? Magic. Stupid fucking magic."

The word left her mouth sourly, feeling like venom on her tongue, "I wish it never existed," she choked out, the rest of the tears falling and she broke eye contact with her shocked relatives and ran away.

Away from the funeral.

Away from the cries and sobs and shocked gasps of relatives.

Away from the pain.

The further she ran, the harder the dagger in her heart dug. She felt as if someone had cut open her chest, removed her heart, and replaced it with a bag of rocks. Seconds, minutes, what felt like hours passed before Fallon was forced to stop because she couldn't breathe anymore. It didn't feel real. It was her fault. Her mother died because she was infuriated at her and her abilities came into the mix.

Once a witch's powers were unleashed, especially a powerful one's, all hell would break loose. Brooks had died because her magic was being fed by anger and one thing led to another. Possessions burnt. Rooms burnt. House burnt. Brooks burnt. Fire was ruthless and would destroy anything in its path: if there was one thing Fallon had learnt from this unfortunate ordeal, it was that.

Fallon knelt, dropping herself onto her knees against the rough, stone-cold pavement. She couldn't breathe and her limbs hurt from the running. The tears were still running silently as she struggled for air. Fallon always seemed to be the one who was running away. All because she didn't want to face reality. All because she was weak.

Calbee's POV

I kissed Sky's cheek and saluted the other guys off, watching them cross the road and go their separate ways. Once I turned the corner I felt the cool wind brushing past my fingertips as I ran a hand through my wavy hair and yawned languidly.