Chapter Twenty-Six: Double Date?!

[You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough]
-Mae West

Fallon looked at herself in the mirror. She was in the changing room of a private wedding centre down the road where dress fittings could be done for free. As expected, Asher's aunt had jumped at the chance and ordered all the girls to meet up there. And, as expected, Asher had been dragged along.

Fallon spun to the left slightly, watching as the chiffon dress elegantly followed her movements, billowing in the small wind that her action created. The material was a soft, coral pink, tying with a thin string at the waist and dropping quite low at the back.

It almost looked like a romper, cutting off a little below mid-thigh and exposing more skin than Fallon was comfortable with, but she loved every inch of it nonetheless. The thin straps at the top, the light ruffles in the fabric at the chest area, the way the upper half gently overflowed due to the string at the waist. Every fibre of the dress fit Fallon well and complemented her lack of a figure.

She fiddled with the weightless dress for a while longer, running a hand through her hair as she pulled down the bottom of it.

"Fallon? Honey, it's Aera's turn! Come on out!" Aunt Sable yelled from outside at a much louder decibel than needed to cover the metre between the main room and Fallon's current location.

With a deep breath, she stepped out, slipping on a pair of black flats accentuated with white, felt bows.

Immediately, Aera was grinning from ear to ear, "You hot lil' fucker," she commented as Fallon flushed, not knowing if that was a compliment or not.

Asher looked up from his phone as he heard Aera's words, wondering why she had sworn, "Wha-"

He cut himself off, the words dying in his throat as he noticed Fallon. He appreciatively ran his wandering eyes up her figure, analysing her in the dress, "Damn," he murmured under his breath, meeting her embarrassed gaze.

Before he could open his mouth, Aunt Sable was up and leaping at her, "Beautiful!" she squealed as the owner of the shop and the dress designer, Mariana, entered through the back door.

"This dress is meant to be worn baggy, you know," Mariana remarked, walking over to Fallon and hitching the dress up so the top part folded over itself and the bottom edge barely fell to mid-thigh.

Asher drank in her petite stature before Fallon inhaled sharply and yanked it down again, forcing a smile, "I'm fine," she insisted, her smile looking like a grimace as Mariana sighed before spotting someone behind her and walking away.

"Okay, Fallon, you're done, go sit over there while I get Aera sorted out."

Aunt Sable gestured to the love-seat where Asher was sitting. Selfconsciously biting her lip, she walked over to him and sat down, immediately sinking into the black, pleather material. Asher tried to concentrate on his game of Temple Run but soon found himself glancing over at Fallon again.

He turned off his phone, offering her a small smile as she met his gaze timidly, "Remember when I told you in the Magic Mall that you were beautiful?" he asked, "And you didn't believe me?"

How could she ever forget? The memory replayed in Fallon's mind as she nodded in response.

"Well you can't say you don't believe me now," he tugged at the end of her dress for emphasis before jumping back at the abrupt ringing of the bell above the door.

Calbee and Chris stumbled in, both wearing carbon copies of each others' smiles, "Fallon! Asher!" Calbee greeted elatedly, dancing on cloud nine and she rushed over and embraced them in hugs.