Epilogue

[It's not the happy ending that matters, it's the story]
-Tears

A few months later

Calbee sunk her teeth into her candyfloss victoriously, enjoying the fizzing sound of the pink cloud melting under the pressure of her teeth. The bundle of sugar tinted a dark red as she swallowed her unhealthily large bite and grinned at Fallon.

"Told you you'd end up dating. The taste of victory really is sweet," she stated happily, chomping another bite out of her candyfloss.

They were in a dressing room of a humongous cruise ship, where Sable had decided to host the wedding. The lullaby-like, soft swish that the ocean provided rung in their ears as the room gently rocked like a cradle.

Fallon rolled her eyes and put her money away, "We made that bet ages ago, how do you even remember it?"

"An elephant never forgets."

"You just called yourself an elephant."

"... That was my intention."

"M'kay."

Calbee scowled at her friend as the door clicked open and a snazzily-dressed Asher stepped in, hair styled to perfection and body clad in a debonair suit.

His tie matched Fallon's coral-coloured dress and as he wandered over to her, he smiled, "Hey, baby," he greeted, kissing her cheek as she resisted the urge to stomp her foot.

"Will you ever stop teasing me about that night?" she grumbled, pushing his away and wiping her cheek to spite him.

"Oh, you mean the night of the party where you insisted I call you baby?"

She crossed her arms as Calbee polished off the last of her sugary candyfloss and approached Fallon, pushing down on her shoulders to force her to sit down in the petite chair in front of the vanity.

"Buzz off, Ash, Fallon needs to get her makeup done. Go help your aunt," Calbee shooed him off as he exited the regal room, sending a chaste smirk to Fallon before the cruise ship was overrun by a large wave that caused him to stub his toe.

As he limped away - yelling a string of profanities - Calbee began applying Fallon's makeup, lining her lips with a crimson pencil, "You two really were made for each other," Calbee complimented, smiling at the fortune of her friends.

Her own relationship with Sky hadn't ended well, but she was more than pleased to know that her friends' support and encouragement pulled her out of the black hole of depression and allowed her to give herself a second chance.

Chris was more than a second chance, he was like a second life. When Calbee was around him, she felt like another person, free of the worries of her regular, petty life - she felt like a goddess with all the smiles of adoration he sent her and the flowers he persistently bought for her.

So distracted by her thoughts, Calbee didn't notice as she accidentally pulled the lip liner a little too quickly across Fallon's cupid's bow and a blood-red trail slashed across her cheek. Calbee smiled apologetically and grabbed a cotton pad, not missing the devilish smile that crept onto Fallon's terribly-lined lips.

"Daydreaming 'bout your boyfriend?" she questioned, eyes twinkling with mischief.

Rolling her eyes, Calbee didn't deny it, "I mean, can you blame me, Autumn? The guy practically changed my life. I haven't known him for long, but I just know he's the one for me. No more mistakes, no more pricks like Sky. He's The One."

"Welp. That was more sentimental than I expected," Fallon chuckled to relieve the sudden serious atmosphere of the room as Calbee dabbed makeup remover on the cotton pad and gently wiped at the angry streak on her friend's cheek, "But I'm happy for you, Fallon. You deserve every smile Chris brings onto your face and every laugh that escapes you."