Chapter Fourteen: The Break Up

[What you feel is what you are. And what you are is beautiful]
-Goo Goo Dolls

Calbee's POV

"Hey, Callie!"

I turned to the source of the voice, locating Sky sitting down in a booth and walking over to join him, "Hey," I greeted, leaning over the table and kissing him as he stiffly nodded, "What was so urgent that you had to call me to meet you here right away?"

Smiling at him, I waited for an answer as he bit his lip and looked down, "Let's just order some coffee first, yeah?" he suggested, looking uneasy.

"Uhm... Sure, yeah," I laughed a little, unsure of why he looked so odd.

Two coffees soon arrived as I thanked the waitress and took a sip, looking at Sky expectantly. "Well?" I asked as he took a deep breath.

"I'm breaking up with you."

~~~

Asher's POV

I jogged out the apartment, fuming. I was angry at myself and at Fallon: myself for being egotistical enough to think she would agree if I asked her a second time, and her for being so fucking difficult. I needed to find Calbee and ask her instead, or maybe go find a girl from school to invite to the wedding.

Furiously dragging a hand through my messy hair, I flitted my gaze from shop to shop, trying to find a coffee shop along the street. When my eyes focussed on one right at the end, I jogged the rest of the way to it, peering inside.

Calbee and Sky were sat down at a booth, Calbee sipping from her cup as Sky seemed uncomfortable.

Oh.

Sky.

If I asked Calbee to go with me, Sky would throw one of his famous fits and disallow her from going with me. Just great. I pause my thoughts as suddenly Calbee froze on the spot and Sky looked at her worriedly.

Anxious, I stormed into the shop, ignoring the disapproving gazes as I hurried over to her side, "Please, Calbee, just-" Sky began.

"What the fuck did you say to her?!" I demanded, eyes hardened as Calbee began to shake vigorously, dropping her coffee.

The contents spilled everywhere, the scorching hot liquid even dropping in her lap. But she didn't react to it. A choked sob escaped her as her eyes began to glisten with tears and they started their journey down her face, merging with the coffee on her lap. A noise came out of her, unhumanlike as she cried and dropped her head onto the table with a sickening thud, as if punishing herself.

"Sky," I growled in warning.

I had always said I didn't care for Calbee, but living with her made a bond grow between us, to the point where if anyone hurt her, friend or not, they would become dead to me.

For once, he stuttered with his words, "I-I broke up with her but-"

"What the fuck, Sky! You love her! You knew what this was going to do to her!" I yelled at him, not waiting for his explanation before I threw a punch at him and he staggered backwards, falling onto the ground.

Immediately, everyone in the coffee shop swiftly gathered their possessions and dropped cash on the table, running out the shop as the managers hurried over to us, looking frightened, "Excuse me sir, I'm going to have to ask you to remo-"

As soon as my venomous gaze switched to him, he scurried off.

"Fuck you, Sky. You heartless ba-"

Just as I made a move to help Calbee up, Sky winded his fist back and threw a punch at my cheek as I was flung back with even more force than I had delivered to him. I groaned in agony, touching my cheek and pulling it back to see bright red blood.