Chapter Thirteen: Wedding

[Tell a girl she's beautiful, she'll believe it for a moment. Tell a girl she's ugly, she'll believe it for a lifetime]
-Unknown

"RISE AND SHINE, SLEEPYHEADS!" Calbee screamed at the top of her lungs, clanging together pots and pans and stomping her feet on the ground like a toddler having a temper tantrum.

Fallon groaned, still hypnotised by sleep and wanting to return to her dreams where everything was perfect and her ankle wasn't hurting like hell. Surprisingly, Asher appeared to still be awake, looking incredibly sleepy and actually half-asleep, but still conscious.

"Go away, Callie," he mumbled half-heartedly as she refused to stop the clanging.

"Asher, why are you awake?" Fallon rubbed her eyes and sat up, combing through her hair with her fingers.

"I stayed up to ice your ankle for periods of twenty minutes with ten minute intervals between them," he absent-mindedly explained, tired, as he leaned his head back.

Fallon felt guilt consume her, "You didn't have to do that."

"But I did. You would've got frostbite if I left it on," he turned to her with a weary smile.

"Awww," Calbee cooed, watching their interaction, "So is it official? Are you dating?"

Asher seemed to be waiting for Fallon to say something so she immediately said no out of embarrassment. He seemed hurt for a minute but concealed it with a small laugh, "Ask again in a week," he told her, winking at Fallon.

Calbee giggled, "I'm so excited for you guys!"

"Don't be, we aren't together," Fallon reminded her stubbornly, though still blushing.

With a snort, Calbee replied, "Pur-lease, you guys kissed yesterday! Of course you're together! You didn't exactly look like you hated it either, Autumn," she sniggered to herself.

"Fine, we aren't together yet," Asher smiled innocently at Fallon who bowed her head into her hands to hide her heated face.

Trying to stand up, she put some weight on her injured ankle and only felt a faint, dull sensation. Asher had really done a good job last night in icing it, and even more so, removing the ice every twenty minutes so she wouldn't develop frostbite...

"Thank you," she smiled shyly before glancing at her watch.

"Wh-Calbee!" Fallon exclaimed, jaw hitting the ground with the weight of her shock, "It's five in the morning! Why did you wake us up for school at this time?!"

"Oh... I thought it was seven," she giggled nervously, the guilt evident on her features - she looked like a dog which had secretly torn apart a pillow.

With a massive wave of complaints and annoyed groans, Fallon pursed her lips, "Well I'm already awake now," she huffed, glaring at Calbee viciously as she pouted.

"You can just go back to bed, you know," Calbee suggested as Fallon gaped at her in awe.

Standing up off the couch, (though still cautious of her ankle), she neared her friend, "G-go back to sleep?" she spluttered out incredulously, like a dying engine of a car taking its last breaths.

"After waking up?" her voice rose with every word, "What world do you live in?"

With her weight balanced on one leg, Calbee cocked an eyebrow, confusion dawning on her, "Uh.. The same one as you?"

For the rest of the morning until her usual waking time, Fallon stared at her friend in disbelief, still in denial and shock that she had even thought that returning to the comforting boundaries of sleep after waking up was a possibility. What nonsense.