Chapter Thirty (I): Party

One of my favourite quotes❤️
[When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...]
-Finding Nemo

"Spin, and leap and wolf jump! Amber, keep that smile on your face! Scott, lift her higher! Perfect!" Aimi recited the skills, smiling as all six pairs of dancers had managed to get the first quarter of the song in synch.

She couldn't say much about the others three quarters, but hey - it was progress, "Okay, ten minute break, guys."

Released from the torture of Aimi's perfectionist personality, Fallon collapsed to the ground, breathing heavy, "I swear this woman is trying to kill us before the wedding even happens," she panted as Asher sat down next to her, leaning back on his hands wearily.

"You have it easy," she scowled at him enviously, "All you do is lift me and put your hands on my waist. I wish she would make you do more than just stand there."

Asher scoffed, "The second half is much more difficult for me, don't worry."

"Hey, guys!"

They turned and smiled weakly at Aera who sunk to her knees beside them, "Rough practice, right? Marcus is hot and all, but his grip around my waist is like a vice," she flinched as she put a hand on her hip, "I'm definitely bruising."

Fallon managed a half-hearted chuckle as the sound of the bells at the door chimed and announced someone's entrance.

With a sigh, Asher tilted his head to meet the gaze of his aunt, "Hello, Ash!" she waved excitedly as she walked over.

A silence swept over the gym where they were practicing as she gazed around, "Wow, this place is professional!"

"Ah, Sable! Great to see you," Aimi greeted, frantic inside, "Okay everyone, break's over!"

She gestured for Sable to take a seat as everyone groaned and got to their feet, knowing that Aimi was putting on a show for Asher's aunt. The pressure was on now, so it was probably best for the bride to leave as soon as possible once she was satisfied with their dancing. Everyone got into the first positions and slapped tired smiles onto their faces.

"Oh, Aimi!" Asher's aunt called out, fumbling for something in her bag just as Aimi was about to hit the play button on the track they were using, "I changed the music!"

She had said it so casually, as if it didn't change anything much at all.

"Oh. Ah... Uh.... It's just... Well, I had choreagraphed a dance that complimented the instrumental music you had originally given me... I think it'd be a bit of a hassle to-"

"Excuse me? I mean, it is my wedding," Sable said, "It won't be too hard to choreagraph a new routine, right?"

Her stony gaze dared Aimi to disagree. Offering her a tight-lipped smile, the instructor shook her head, "I'll figure something out."

"Brilliant. I'll be on my way, then! Bye, Ashy!" she waved a hand at Asher, her eyes squinted with happiness as she exited the gym.

Immediately, an uproar began amongst the dancers.

"How can she just change the track?!"

"We've been working on this for how long now? And now she-"

"That's unfair, she can't-"

"THAT MOTHER CLUCKING PIECE OF-"

"OKAY, EVERYBODY!" Aimi yelled as the irritated chatter simmered down, "We'll deal with it. We'll double up practices and I'll work out a new routine. For your own sake, we'll leave in some parts you've already learnt. I'm sire we can slip some instrumental dance moves into..."