Chapter Twelve: Beautiful

~Author's Note

Just a warning, I don't know when this book will end, I know I'm saying this very early on, but I don't want to drag it out and use too many filler chapters.

On another note, thank you for 450 reads :) So this is a super long chapter, almost 4000 words!

Shoutout goes to @brandyhope who always comments and votes. :)

[Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey]
-Unknown

Fallon kicked up into her handstand just as Calbee did, feeling her hood fall down onto her head. She glanced over at her friend and groaned, "You better not win this again," she sighed, straightening her legs as her arms began to ache.

They had been having these competitions as soon as they had come back from school three hours ago. And still... They were going at it. Some challenges were longer than others, the first game of Monopoly took two hours since neither of them were running out of Monopoly dollars. Eventually, they quit and counted their remaining cash, Calbee being the winner. Obviously.

Calbee smirked, "You suck at these, didn't you say you took gymnastics when you were five?"

"Brooks only did that to get me out of her sight and besides, I quit after three years because I almost broke my neck attempting an aerial. Those things are brutal; I'm scarred for life," Fallon replied, trying to reposition her legs as they split into a double stag handstand.

"You took karate when you were little, that must be factoring in now, if you're beating an ex-gymnast," Fallon sighed, feeling her arms shake and bend slightly.

After a few minutes of sheer concentration and silence, Fallon gave up, breaking her handstand by leaning into a forward roll to catch her breath back - she never had the best upper body strength. Calbee was still up in a perfectly straight handstand though, grinning over at Fallon, "Four to nothing!" she commented as she brought herself back down the way she went up, wisps of hair flying everywhere.

"I can't do this anymore, you are ridiculous," Fallon shook her head to herself, "How can you be good at Monopoly, Twister, Jenga, and handstands?"

Calbee shrugged in reply and ran a hand through her hair, "I'm going to take a shower - scoop some ice cream for us, please?" before receiving an answer, she walked off to the bathroom, grabbing two warm towels from the store cupboard on the way.

Sighing tiredly, Fallon ran a hand through her hair and forced herself to stand up again, feel blood rush to her head from being upside down for too long. As she walked into the kitchen she gave a chaste glance towards Asher's room where she could hear shower water running and music banging on the walls, wanting to escape the confinements of the room.

With a shake of her head, she excluded thoughts of last night from her thoughts and unconsciously swept at her cheek where Asher had kissed her, reaching into the fridge for the ice cream.

Emerging with a tub of bubblegum-flavoured goodness, she located the scoop and two bowls and began to scoop out the electric blue dessert, smiling at the thought of something cold after the afternoon's activities: she was exhausted and sweaty.

"Can I have a bowl too?" Fallon leaped several metres in the air, heart thumping erratically at the shock of Asher's voice behind her.

"Um, yeah, sure," she cleared her throat, folding her lips into her mouth as she usually did when stuck in awkward or uncomfortable situations, warily watching him in her peripheral vision as he walked around the island and took a seat opposite her on a stool.