Chapter Four: New Environments

~Author's Note
SHOUT OUT TO NEW READER @brandyhope ! <3 Don't worry, I schtill luff ya @Midnight_Fire_15

[Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it]
-Confucius

Fallon's features wrinkled up as something bright shone in her eyes. She flipped onto her other side, away from the source, while still keeping her eyes closed in her half-awake state. She grumbled under her breath and prayed for her mother to give her more time before school began. What day was it again?

Fallon could hear murmurs - something she wasn't used too in the morning. Her bed also felt particularly rough today: not as smooth as the silky covers that brushed past her skin usually. The mutters were beginning to get annoying. Who did her mother have over now?

"What?"

That one word was spoken as clear as day in a very unfamiliar voice. This was not someone she knew very well. Fallon forced her eyes open as the clink of spoons resounded in the air and interrupted her sleep completely, "Mother, can I-"

Her breath caught in her throat and she froze in place and looked at the two people before her sitting at the kitchen island like a deer caught in headlights, "Who are you and w-why are you in my house?"

Fallon spoke as she glanced around, and panic stirred in the wicked potion in her stomach as she realised this was not her place at all. Everything came rushing back and a horrible feeling swept over her. Beige walls. Wooden floor. Tiny couches. Where in freaking Hogwarts was she?!

With a gulp, she looked down at her lap, realising that the word 'mother' could never leave her lips again to have Brooks wander into the room. No longer would she have a proper home to stay. And in approximately five seconds she was about to go absolutely berserk as her emotions were let loose.

Surprisingly, instead of a white-hot fury exploding from her, a wave of unshed tears came instead. Very wary of the two people (or rather - strangers) in front of her, Fallon buried herself in the thick blanket she was previously snuggled and wrapped in like a spring-roll, sobbing as quietly as she could manage.

The voices conversed once again as she finally placed a name to their faces - the girl and boy from yesterday who held her back from going home. Allie and Ash was it? The tears stopped. It was their fault! This was all their fault! Everything leading to this moment since yesterday after school - being late, provoking Brooks, Brooks' death.

Fallon wanted to cry and be angry all over again. But she was split between two choices - these people were from school, meaning they hadn't seen her without a hood before. Her eyes widened even more at the realisation that they probably had seen her face yesterday, otherwise she would never have got here.

Footsteps alerted her as they were approaching her current position.

"Please don't come nearer," she whispered, almost begging as she folded her lips into her mouth and held her breath.

"We just want to help you. You can stay here for a while."

Fallon jerked back as she felt a pressure on her shoulder and spun to face the pretty girl from yesterday who was awkwardly retracting her hand, "No, I shouldn't be here, I have to get out," she replied, trying to keep the nervousness out of her voice, though it was more to herself than the girl.

At that, Fallon stood, brushing off her clothes from yesterday and trying to hurry to the door without revealing too much more to these people than they had to know, "Asher, she's leaving, bring her back!" she heard her call to the boy as Fallon felt as restricted as a runaway animal from a zoo.