v. the reckoning

Madelyn groaned, walking next to Klaus as they approached the building. "I don't get why I couldn't have stayed with Rebekah."

"Because Rebekah needs to prove that she's strong enough to be with Stefan alone," Klaus said, pushing through the metal doors. "Besides, don't you enjoy a fun high school tradition?"

"I don't enjoy high school, period." Madelyn looked at the interior of the school in disgust. "It's full of a bunch a fake, young people who think failing their tests is the worst of their problems."

"Well, then it's a good thing we're only here for one person." Klaus smirked.

He sped away, leaving Madelyn alone as he went to search for his doppelganger.

"You know, I think I'll take the scenic route," Madelyn said to herself, turning and walking the other way.

~

Madelyn could hear voices in the hallway she just entered. The voices turned into sounds of kissing as she grew nearer. She paused in her tracks as she took in two teens making out against the wall.

"You two are adorable," a girl said.

The couple jumped, turning their attention to Rebekah on the opposite side of them than Madelyn was.

Madelyn smirked. "I was just about to say the same thing."

The couple now turned toward the new voice. Madelyn's smirk widened upon recognizing them from Klaus's descriptions.

"Uh, do we know you?" Caroline asked.

"You're Caroline, Elena's friend, which makes you Tyler," Rebekah said.

"The werewolf," Madelyn whispered, making the couple jump again as she was much closer than before.

"And who are you?" Caroline asked, trying to shield Tyler from both girls.

"I'm the new girl," Rebekah said before flashing her fangs and running at the blond.

"Caroline!" Tyler yelled, trying to interfere, but Madelyn was quicker.

She trapped his arms behind his back and kept him from getting closer to the girls. "I wish I could kill you, it'd be much more fun, but the boss has a specific request for you."

"Boss?" Tyler asked, still struggling in her hold.

"I believe you've met him before. His name is Klaus, and he's got big plans for you."

Caroline managed to get away from Rebekah for a moment, calling out, "Tyler!"

"Don't worry sweetheart. We won't kill him." Madelyn smirked. "Yet."

Caroline lunged for them, but Madelyn sped away with Tyler, Rebekah following close behind.

~

The two girls found Klaus and the doppelganger in the gym along with a few others. Rebekah dragged Tyler with her, having switched places with Madelyn because the blond would fair better with a werewolf bite.

"Get off of me!" Tyler said.

"Hush now," Rebekah told him.

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah." Rebekah gave everyone a devilish grin at Nik's introduction. "Word of warning— she can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass," Rebekah said.

"Leave him alone!" Elena shouted.

"Ooh, she's feisty," Madelyn taunted.

"Oh, I almost forgot. This is Madelyn, an honorary family member, been with us for centuries. If you would, Maddy, please hand over the wolf."

Rebekah loosened her grip on Tyler so that Madelyn could push him into Klaus.