x. dangerous liaisons

!  THERE IS SMUT IN THIS CHAPTER !

Madelyn walked up the steps of Klaus's new manor passing the Salvatore brothers along the way. She didn't miss the way Damon glared at her, but Stefan kept him moving along.

She pushed her way through the front door. 

"Klaus," she announced, continuing through the house, "I finally figured out what you meant and got free, though I had to go on a binge for a day or two. Anyway, what have I missed?"

As Madelyn looked towards the dining hall she saw Rebekah looking at her and smiled. 

"Maddy," Rebekah greeted. "I wish you'd arrived under better circumstances."

Madelyn frowned and finally took the time to look into the dining hall. Klaus was surrounded by all three of his brothers, the vampire's eyes landing on the one that mattered most, who held Klaus by the arms.

"Kol," she whispered.

"Madelyn." He smiled at her.

"Yes, what a lovely reunion, but it can wait," Elijah said from behind Kol. "We have other matters to deal with."

Madelyn rolled her eyes. "It's good to see you too, Elijah."

~

"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik," Rebekah said, walking around until she picked up a clear vase. She threw it at a painting on the wall, knocking it down and breaking the vase.

"I wanted it to be for all of us," Klaus said, making Madelyn feel as though she shouldn't be there. "A place we could all call home; a place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again."

Kol found his place next to Madelyn, sensing her change in mood from across the room. He wrapped his arm around her waist and gave a gentle squeeze, silently giving her the comfort she needed.

"Well, you're right," Elijah said to Klaus. "None of us will be."

"You're staying behind," Finn said, Madelyn's first time ever hearing him speak. 

"We're leaving you, Nik," Rebekah said. "Right after I kill that doppelganger wench. And you will be alone. Always and forever."

"If you run," Klaus began menacingly, "I will hunt all of you down."

"And then you'll become everything you hate," Elijah said. "Our father."

"I'm the hybrid!" Klaus shouted. "I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you!"

"You will when we have that coffin," Elijah said.

The siblings stared down their half-brother until the door to the manor opened, making everyone turn. Klaus gasped dramatically, realizing what had been in the coffin was released. There stood a beautiful woman with long curly hair wearing clothes from what looked like thousands of years ago.

"Mother," Rebekah breathed. 

Their mother walked past them and straight to Klaus, who looked away as she neared.

"Look at me," she demanded.

Klaus raised his eyes to meet his mother's.

"Do you know why I'm here?" she asked.

"You're here to kill me," Klaus answered. 

"Niklaus, you are my son. And I am here to forgive you." She turned to the rest of her children and Madelyn. "I want us to be a family again."