ix. homecoming - the ties that bind

THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE EPISODES IN THIS CHAPTER

EPISODE IX

Despite having comforted Rebekah after her meltdown, things between her and Madelyn were a little tense. This led to the brunette being pushed out of the Salvatore house and kept in the dark about whatever it is she was planning with the brothers, Elena, and, strangely enough, Mikael.

Madelyn was a little hurt that Rebekah was shutting her out, but she guessed she deserved part of it. With nothing else to do except sulk, Madelyn found herself at the school where everyone was decorating for homecoming. She had remembered Rebekah saying something about it as well as Caroline.

Speak of the devil, Madelyn walked up to the rather upset looking blonde working on painting a van. "What's that look for?"

Caroline sent her an annoyed look. "Tyler is sired to Klaus."

Madelyn smirks. "But that's not what has you upset. Not really, anyway."

Caroline huffed and threw her paintbrush down. "What do you want? To make me feel worse?"

"Don't mean to make you feel bad, love." Madelyn shrugged. "I just had nowhere better to go after being kicked out of my temporary residency until Bekah texts me."

"Kicked out?" Caroline's brows furrow. "Why?"

"Don't know exactly, but I think it has something to do with Klaus."

"Klaus? Is he back?"

"I don't think so. Not yet, anyway," Madelyn said before her phone buzzed. She reached into her pocket and fished out her phone to see a text from Rebekah. "Well, I had a lovely chat, but the queen awaits."

As Madelyn began to walk away, Caroline found herself calling out to her. "Are you coming to the dance?"

Madelyn looked over her shoulder with a small smile. "Don't hold your breath."

~

Madelyn walked through the threshold of the Salvatore house at the same time Elena and Stefan were leaving.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked with a worried tone as the vampire walked past.

"Rebekah texted. Said she wanted me to help her get ready for the dance," Madelyn replied without turning around, making her way towards the stairs.

As she went to take the first step, there was a sudden body blocking her. "I can't let you do that."

"Why do you care, Stefan? Move." Madelyn shoved him out of the way, walking up a few steps, but he sped right back in front of her. "What is your problem?"

"My problem is you potentially ruining our plan," Stefan said, and before Madelyn could comprehend the underlying threat in his words her neck was snapped and body limp.

~

Madelyn woke up groaning, rubbing her sore neck before noticing the chains on her wrist. She instantly sobered up from her drowsiness, looking around the cellar she appeared to be in, ultimately gasping upon seeing Rebekah's daggered form.

"Rebekah. Bex, can you hear me?" she asked, knowing that there would be no answer but trying anyways.

Her eyes began to water as she stared at the lifeless body of her best friend, not being able to do anything due to the shackles around her wrist. She shouted in frustration, tugging aggressively at her restraints.

"That won't do much," a voice spoke from behind the large metal door. "They're laced with vervain."

Madelyn growled. "Just wait till I get out of here, you obnoxious excuse of a vampire."