xii. after school special

Kol, with his arms wrapped around her waist, pressed kisses to Madelyn's shoulders and neck as she tried to make breakfast. She laughed at his actions before flipping the pancake in front of her before it burned.

"At this point I think you want me to burn our food," she teased.

Kol shrugged. "I don't care much for the food at all, really. I'm just enjoying this domestic image."

Before Madelyn could comment, her phone was ringing. "Would you get that for me, love?"

"Sure thing, darling."

Kol reluctantly released his grip on his girlfriend, wandering over to where her phone sat upon the table.

"Madelyn's phone," he answered.

"Kol," came Rebekah's voice. "Where's Madelyn?"

"I'm right here," Madelyn called out. 

The two girls had resolved their issues after Madelyn and Kol had left Mystic Falls, falling back into being best friends with their new and improved dynamic.

"Oh, good, you're both there. I need a favor."

"What would that favor be, dearest sister?" Kol asked.

"It better not be an Elena-sized favor," Madelyn said.

The couple could practically hear the blond smirk through the phone. "More like an Elena, Caroline, and Stefan-sized favor."

Madelyn sighed, turning the stove off and taking the phone from Kol. "We'll be there in a few hours, Bex."

"Excellent. Meet me at the school library when you arrive."

They said their goodbyes and hung up.

Madelyn turned to her boyfriend. "Looks like we're going on a road trip."

~

Madelyn's phone rang once again as her and Kol passed Mystic Falls' welcome sign. The girl hit the green answer button and held the phone up to her ear.

"Change of plans," Rebekah said. "I need you to find a certain Professor Shane to tell us what he knows about the cure. He should be at the college."

"Your wish is our command," Madelyn said. "Do we have a time limit too?"

"Very funny," Rebekah deadpanned. "And yes, as soon as possible would be nice. We'll talk later."

"Looks like we're going to college," Kol said, abruptly taking a left turn.

"My nightmare," Madelyn groaned.

Madelyn and Kol walked through the halls to get to Professor Shane's office, passing a certain Bennett witch along the way. Kol smiled at Bonnie, his eyes glimmering with mischief, while Madelyn avoided looking at her.

By the time Bonnie realized who had just passed her, Kol and Madelyn had already taken Shane and leapt through the window, causing a loud crash.

~

Kol lead the way through Mystic Falls High to the library while Madelyn dragged Shane along with her. He kept squirming in her grasp before she threatened to tear his limbs or to keep still and follow them obediently.

The Original stuck his head into the library.

"Sister..." He took in the scene in front of him. "Look at this. You're even worse than Klaus."

"Kol. Finally," she said. "Did you bring what I asked for?"

He opened the door wider for Madelyn to enter the library, pushing Shane along with her.