Chapter 16

Peter didn't know how to explain all of the scars that covered his body without lying but nevertheless he tried. "Well, I'm pretty clumsy so I'm always falling over things and sometimes the things that I fall on are sharp and the dig further into my skin, resulting into giving me a scar, and this is New York so I did get mugged a couple of times and when I fought back, they either stabbed me or shot me but none were fatal, since I'm still alive as you can see." He said ending with a joke hoping to decrease the tension, but the Avengers had none of it. Well, I guess lying in a room where there are two trained spies, a war soldier and a mind reader wasn't the best decision he thought.

The Avengers all looked at him in disbelief, for the first part but the second they believed. "You know you can't lie to me, right?" Ms Scary aka Natasha Romanoff asked, and he nodded remembering their chat when she outed him out that he was lying. "And you do know that I'll find out eventually so you better do it now or else I will dig up what you are hiding, and I will share it with the team immediately, no matter how much you persuade me not to." the spy ended looking at him in a glare, but it carried more caring than anger.

Peter sighed. He knew that the Black Widow would find out his secret eventually, but he still didn't like the idea of his secret identity with people that he had been chatting with half a month. Granted these people were the Avengers, that they also saved people from the cruelty of the world but still. No one knows his secret, at least no one alive and he would've wanted it to stay that way, but he didn't know how he would get out of this mess without him exposing himself as the vigilante that was swinging around the city so, after a long mental battle and the Avengers wondering if he hated them with the looks, he was making, he sighed and decided to tell them the truth.

"Well, you know about the swinging vigilante that calls himself Spider-man, right?" he asked. He knew the answer to his question since last year the Avengers had tried to sedate him to expose his secret identity, fight him after a long night with non-stop crime, which made his body incredibly sore the next morning. One time he was so sore that he couldn't leave his bed with a little help. Every Avenger had left his or her mark. A giant bruise from Captain America's shield, more than one gunshot wound from the Black Widow, sometimes it just grazes his skin, but others had usually made their way into his skin, leaving a nasty scar behind. From Iron-man he got a few burns on his back, which the team had yet to see, Hawkeye a couple of puncture wounds from his arrows. Sometimes they are laced with a sleeping draft, but he always manages to escape them before crashing into a very deep sleep, Thor, he got hit by his hammer or shocked multiple times with a strong and powerful lightning blast. At first they stung a lot rendering him unconscious for hours sometimes days, and his aunt would always excuse him from school, Captain Marvel, who would sometimes come to Earth to visit the Avengers, would blast powerful energy at his chest which hurt pretty badly and thankfully they had already healed, the alter ego of Banner, the Hulk, would shatter his ribs, ankles and sometimes he would fracture a bit of his skull but thankfully it wasn't serious since those injury's would heal in a matter of weeks, the Black Panther would use his vibranium claws to scratch Peter's skin and every time that they fought, he always made a mark on Spider-man's body. Bucky was usually a sniper but as his bullets always got dogged, he rested on hand-to-hand combat making Spidey want to just surrender but he kept going and he always escaped with a distraction or just dumb luck, but he always escaped. Sam had red wing fire bullets at him in rapid speed which Spider-man had dogged also but it didn't help that Sam was also shooting at him and throwing those explosive things that he throws from his wings.

The worst was when they brought the super powered twins. Pietro was always too fast for him to knock down and he always had gotten a few good hits on him. But Peter trained to stop the speedster and eventually found a rhythm to his attacking and also since he had trained his enhanced speed so to him Pietro looked like a very fast human runner, which is how he was able to catch him when he charged Peter just a few minutes ago. Then there was Wanda. She was by far the worst one. She invaded his mind, making him relive all those times he wasn't able to save the victim, the days his uncle and aunt died and even relived the day his parents died, though that wasn't as bad as the others. He had mentally trained after the first time that Scarlet Witch joined the fight. After that he had been able to resist her powers, but was draining, and he always had another Avenger to fight while blocking Wanda. Even after all the things that they did to him, he still forgave them, knowing that they thought that he would go rouge and with his training he was able to beat all of them at once, which was a huge leap from fighting low life thugs to beating the Avengers in nine months. The Avengers started coming less and less in the next three months, when they stopped coming completely by the end of the year, which Peter was extremely grateful for.

He snapped out of his daydreaming when there was a chorus of 'Yes's and nodding of heads. On some faces they could see guilt, but the others had a neutral expression. Well, there's no beating around the bush now he thought. After looking into each Avengers eyes, he finally gathered enough courage to tell them "You wanted to capture him, but he willingly came in." he said quietly, but those with super hearing picked up the line and looked at him confused. He stuck his hand out, as if he was introducing himself for the first time to them. "Hi, my name is Peter Parker or as many know me, Spider-man."