Chapter 17

The Avengers mood went a complete three sixty, turning from worried to extremely guilty. "You're Spider-man?" Tony asked to confirm that he heard right, and when Peter nodded, apologies begun to spill out of everyone's mouth, except for Wanda who looked guiltier than the rest. She knew that she did a bigger number on him, not physically but mentally. The first time that she had entered his mind, when he was too weak to fight back, she saw all the horrors that happened in his life and always felt sorry for the spider. A part of her was glad that he managed to block her powers, she didn't want him to relive the memories of the past.

Peter saw that Wanda sat on the couch and had guilt written all over her face, with tears threatening to fall. Peter had already forgiven her, and he hated seeing her that way. Telling the Avengers that he had already forgiven them, he went to sit by Wanda, who immediately crushed him in a hug, maybe breaking a rib or two in the prosses. He could hear her mumbling apologies, but they were muffled by his shirt, which Wanda was grabbing as if it was her lifeline. From the corner of his eye, he could see that Pietro was coming slowly towards them, to try and comfort his sister, but Peter gave the brother a look that said that he'll take care of it. Pietro nodded slightly and went back to were all the Avengers were, standing akwardly in the middle of the room, watching the commotion.

"Hey, Wanda?" Peter began softly, not wanting to startle her. Wanda didn't give a verbal response but still indicated that she was listening with a small nod. "It's not your fault. You were just doing your job as a hero, making sure that everyone stays in place, and no one would go rouge and kills people for nothing. If anything, I should feel honoured that the Avengers thought of me." This comment made the Avengers laugh, though Wanda's laugh was choked through all of her sobs. "And don't worry, I forgave you all, so you don't need to feel guilty or looking behind your back every day." Peter finished, looking at every single Avenger in the eye to let them know that he was serious, and no hard feelings were made.

"Wait a minute, what do you mean 'looking over your backs'?" Thor asked, and the Avengers nodded in agreement, wanting to know what that phrase meant. Peter smiled at them and said a sentence that made them understand "Last three months of you guys trying to capture me." He said smiling brightly, before his mobile rang. Excusing himself, he went to the furthest place in the living room so that Captain America and Bucky, with their enhanced hearing couldn't hear his conversation.

The Avengers, even Carol, Bruce, and Thor, three of the strongest Avengers in the room, shuddered, remembering the last few months of how Spider-man had taken them down, seemingly without any problem. Wanda laughed at them, her crying stopped and wasn't sobbing anymore, remembering the last three months of them trying to capture the spider. She didn't participate since he had always broken her magic fairly easily and couldn't get him to sleep through his mind, since he was always blocking her, so she stood on the side lines, silently encouraging the Avengers, or staying at the tower, and the Avengers would stumble through, bruises covering their bodies, and webs still stuck to their clothing.

The Avengers glared at her, but soon joined in, thinking that a god, a superpowered alien that had her powers from a dwarf star, two enhanced soldiers, two powerful siblings, two ex-assassins and spies, a gamma radiated Hulk, a king in a very high-tech suit with near unparallel skill, a man wrapped by near indestructible metal suit and an ex-army soldier with a bird suit that holds many guns and has impact-resistance carbon fibre wings, all of those were defeated by a teenager, with only two years of experience of the hero gig. They might have to turn to the kid for help if they kept up the bad work. 

Peter came back by the time that they had controlled their laughter, but he still heard small chuckles under their breath. "What's so funny?" he asked. He was too focused on his call to make out what the Avengers were doing. Mr and Mrs Moore had called him to see if he's alright since it was supposed to have ended half an hour ago. He told them that the trip was extended, and he would be home before four o'clock, which eased their worries. The time was thirty past three, so he needed to hurry if he wanted to catch the public bus. Fortunately for him, Bruce had sent a message to the teacher, telling him that Peter was staying longer and that they could go on without him. "Nothing." Carol said when she noticed that the others were still out of breath. "Ok." He said, dragging the word. "Any who, I need to get going. Have to be home by four." He said waving at them and going to the elevator.

"You seriously think that I'm going to let you walk or, worse, use the public transportation." Tony said, disgusted by the thought of public transportation. "Yes?" Peter said, though it came out as a question more than a statement. "That's where you're wrong, my friend. I'll take you to your house." The billionaire said, swinging a hand over Peter's shoulder and started making his way towards the private elevator, reserved for the Avengers only, dragging Peter after him, ignoring his protests.