Chapter 21

"You're Spider-man?" Lisa asked in a hushed tone, couldn't believe that she had adopted Spider-man of all people. She was proud, obviously, but she was highly worried. Spider-man was usually seen with a wound or had broken something but was always fine the next night, continuing his hunt for justice in Queens. Looking over his wound, she slowly lowered his bandage and was meet by an already half healed bullet wound.

Peter looked at his mother he had had for nearly seven months. He continued to glare at the floor thinking that his new parents hated him, for having someone that could bring a bad guy to their doorstep and put a bullet in their head. He couldn't lose another person because of him being Spider-man, first it was Ned who was captured along with Peter and was shot three times in the chest while Peter was screaming for his dead friend, then there was MJ who had stubbornly insisted that she needed to help him and when he had said no, she snuck in the warehouse where there was a drug deal going down and it ended with bullets from both sided to shoot at Spider-man and by some luck, one of them his MJ in the neck causing a quick and painless death and the drug dealers had gotten more broken bones and bruises than Peter would like to admit. "So, you're mad at me?" he asked dreading the answer.

Lisa and Dylan looked at each other after he asked the question and seeing the pained and sad expression on his face. Dylan nodded and stepped forward, since he's always been the best with calming someone, comes with the job of being a lawyer. "Listen son, you don't have anything to be worried about. This just shocked us is all and if there is one way to say what we're thinking right now is inly one word and that word is proud. We're proud of you, you help people you don't know from muggings, rapes, kidnappings, robberies and who knows what. You're out there risking your life for the great or good of this city for goodness' sake! How could we be mad!" he told Peter, ending up yelling the last two statements, making Peter inwardly wince at the loud volume, going unnoticed by the Moore's.

"Does Tony know?" Lisa asked, seeing the relived face her son was making. Peter nodded his head and said "That's one of the reasons that I go to the tower, to train with Tony and the rest of the Avengers, and sometimes I train them, depending on the day, but I wasn't lying about the internship. I work as a personal intern for Tony, so technically I didn't lie." Peter smiled smugly, liking how he didn't lie to his parents. Dylan chuckled "He's not wrong, you know" He said to his wife "and you would make a good lawyer, bending the truth like that." He told Peter, who only laughed in response.

"Now that my secret's out, I should tell the Avengers so they would stop acting awkward when they come and pick me up." He said, jumping off his bed, heading towards his desk in search of his phone, trying to find it in the mess of papers. "I'm going back to sleep, and we'll continue to talk about this in the morning." Dylan said, wanting a good night's rest before he goes to work in the morning. With a small wave he exited the room leaving Lisa and Percy who was still looking for his phone. Giving up his search he found his mask and put it over his head. "Karen, could you please message the Avengers please?" he asked his AI. Lisa looked at him as if he was crazy, which he probably was. A second later a female voice was sounded throughout the room causing Lisa to jump two feet in the air in fright. "Yes Peter." was her short response. When Karen told Peter that he could start, he begun to explain what happened and when he was done, he sent the recording to the group chat, recorded it since it was too long to write.

After sending the recording his mother and him went to bed. Peter couldn't help but feel as if a giant burden had lifted from his chest and was breathing better. He enjoyed the feeling and never wanted to let it slip out of his hands. With that thought he drifted into sleep.