𝟷𝟸. [ 'ғʀᴜɪᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ '] ⛈️

╔═════════════════╗
(Y/N)'s POV:
╚═════════════════╝

I found myself inside a carriage, we were on our way to the city of Mondstadt to meet with Grandmaster Varka. The city looked so old-fashioned, and Katheryne from the Adventurer's guild has yet to be created. Even the cathedral was still halfway built along with Barbatos' statue.

"Remember what I taught you, (Y/N)" Mother glanced down at me, she had worn one of her prettiest dresses and kept an even posture while walking. Beside me, was my big brother Conrad, wearing his favorite tie and added a Cecilia flower in his pocket. Alexander unfortunately couldn't make it because he was grounded... again.

"Yes mother" I shortly replied afterwards.

As we reached near the Favonius Headquarters, my eyes landed upon a redheaded kid, about my age, wearing cheap armor. He was swinging his iron sword towards the training dummy. He had so much little stuff to train with but he looked determined and focused in his training in which I admired and envied.

I envied how he had already made up his dreams at such a young age. I unfortunately was born with plans that were already set by my parents. 

I look forward to hearing about this boy's achievement in the future once I've claimed the chair.

Hearing the loud clicks from my mother's heels, the boy had glanced back at me. To avoid suspicions, I quickly looked away.

As my mother pushed the double doors open, a bright light from inside blinded me, and so I felt a light headache and felt my tired body finally rest.

╔═════════════════╗
Author's POV:
╚═════════════════╝

You woke up to a wooden ceiling upon your view, and blinked a few times to realize what was happening and where you were. As you slightly lift yourself from your resting position, you look around to a room you've never been before.

The door then gently opens to a handsome man carrying a hot towel and bucket of water. It was Diluc, simply without his coat and had worn his white blouse for the top part.

"Oh.. you're finally awake, I was worried" Diluc carried a shocked expression and put down the things he brought.

"Where are we?"

"Qingce Village, the community leader was kind enough to give us a room and treat your injuries" He sat on a stool near you. "...You were in a coma for 6 days."

"6 DAYS?! What about the delivery man?!"

"Rest assured, I handled it myself. Apparently the carriage was stolen while he was on a 'toilet break'. We found it eventually"

"oh.. that's good to hear" You placed your hand on your chest to feel your once rapidly beating heart calm down.

"That isn't what you should be worrying about right now" The man beside you slightly frowns at your selflessness. "I feel completely rested, like I just took a really, really long nap... oh wait.. I actually did"

"Will you be able to stand? We should go see Granny Ruoxin" Diluc now stands and picks up his dropped things. You lightly nod and got off the bed. Somehow just by standing up, it felt so satisfying- Although you were quite tipsy -for the most part, nothing hurt.

Assuming the said old woman was the community leader of this village, you did not bother to question.

Once you stepped out of the house, you're blessed upon the beauty of Qingce Village. The people were working hard with their farms, and elders were found relaxing outside of their house. It was the most peaceful village you have ever come across.

"Ahh, there she is" Diluc walks down the stone built stairs followed by you. You approached an old woman who was said to be Granny Ruoxin, talking to a young woman who seemed to be a farmer.

"Ahh, you're awake. How are you feeling?" She squints her eyes at you.

"I feel really good, thank you for taking care of me" You formally bowed.

"Oh Goodness! It was this young man doing all the work, I just told him what he needed to do" 

You stood up from bowing and looked at Diluc, "Really?". He did not say a word nor give an expression, he just stared at you.

"Oh.. thank you" You gave a genuine smile to show him how grateful you were. "It was nothing" He replies.

"Yo Granny, I'm back!" You heard a rather slightly slurred voice of a woman. She was found from a distance just behind Granny Ruoxin, wearing a unique outfit that stood out more than the villagers. You knew then and there she carried a vision.

"Ahh, Beidou. Long time no see" Granny looks at the said woman whom was already beside her. You were amazed by how lively and beautiful she was assuming by her age to be an adult.

"Oh hey" She smiled at you. Somehow her voice managed to cause some steam run up to your cheeks. "Hi" You simply spoke with a smile.

"Let me guess, from Mondstadt?" Smirks the woman named Beidou.

"u-uh.. Mhm" You nodded and looked away.

"No need to be shy, I don't bite!" Beidou wheezes and pats your shoulder.

"I'm Beidou, captain of the Crux Fleet"

"I'm (Y/N), first daughter of the Regenfall family" You shook her hand. Silence waved between the two of you when you gazed at one another for a hot moment.

"I'm Diluc" The man clears his throat and shook Beidou's hand as well.

"Oh, greetings! Are you her husband?" Her question caused Diluc to choke on his own saliva.

"uh, he's actually not! He's just an acquaintance of mine"

"Oh? So you're still single ey?" Beidou's smirk and gaze made you feel even more nervous than you already are.

"Y...yes"

You felt her gaze intensifies as you painfully try to avoid her deep ruby eye.

Just then, the captain starts to laugh. "Mondstadters are interesting! I hope I'll see you more often"

"anyway, grangran" She faced the community leader. Her voice muffled as you were in dazed of what had just happened.

"So you not being interested in men actually meant you were interested in women?" The redhead managed to pull you back to Teyvat.

"W-What? I never said that! Ahem, let's go"

You grab Diluc by the hand and walked back to the house you were just in.

"There's really nothing to be ashamed of" He spoke as you shut the door.

"Not helping" You huffed your cheeks in frustration, man you were a blushing mess. It's either you're embarrassed, or you don't wanna admit something.

"A noble falls for a pirate? That's... Different"

"WHERE DID YOUR MATURE GENTLEMAN PERSONALITY GO?!"

____________________