Epilogue

Diluc Ragnvindr

I've always look up to her as a role model—[Y/N] Regenfall—but I slowly realized that my admiration for her suddenly transitioned to feelings. At first I thought it was normal for me to feel that way—I was still a teenager when I found out about this so-called crush of mine.

But the more I look at her and see the woman she's grown into, I've completely fallen head over heels for her. It wasn't just a crush anymore, I wanted to be with her, be in her future, I wanted her to be the woman I see walking up to the isle as I stand next to the priest—waiting for her to stand beside me, as everyone watches us being fully committed to one another.

She wanted to be a hero, like any other kid in Mondstadt back then. But she was serious, she didn't wait for some miracle to happen that would all of a sudden give her super strength, strong enough to launch a Mitachurl. No, she trained—with the help of her grandfather who was an archer prodigy—but mostly by herself.

When I discovered her to be this rumored Raindrop Duchess, I thought I was given an opportunity to stand with her. But it seems like she didn't like me at first glance. I thought I'd done something wrong, it made me sleepless every night to think the woman I love... despised me. I needed to fix that, I wanted her to see that I was a good person, and that I mean no harm at all.

The short days where I was given the odds of walking beside her even though she didn't look at me the way I look at her—I still cherished them deeply. It was insane, having a woman to make my brain feel fuzzy... and these weird crystal flies roaming about in my stomach. That wasn't the man I wanted to be—I needed to be strong and determined like my loving father, but instead I have turned soft. A hopeless romantic.

When I witnessed her great power against the army of fatui agents, I thought I'd lost her. Even though there were many people like her, there can only be one [Y/N] Regenfall that I genuinely love, and will protect 'till the destruction of Teyvat.

I told her I loved her for many years, she even melted from my kiss. But I felt my heart drop when she turned around in guilt. She was part of a marriage agreement this entire time. And so as I feared; I was too late.

But no, she did, she did love me back. We just couldn't be together. I was delighted yet devastated. Delighted that she actually cared for me, and felt the same way I did for her. But devastated because fate had other plans.

Winter welcomed my beloved nation, and I saw her running to me barefoot. I was concerned for her well-being, but she looked so carefree. Her happiness was evident. I wondered what good information will she bring me today.

"I'm free from the engagement!" She exclaims.

I felt my heart pause for a moment, maybe 10 seconds, I could've died then and there but I couldn't explain what I was feeling. Happy seems so... little of a word to describe my current emotions.

Oh the warmness and relief I feel when she says she loves me, it feels like a dream. A dream I was too stubborn to wake up from. If it was in fact a dream, I might just be happier waking up from it. Because I didn't want to continue living in my fantasies, it will only continue to hurt me.

I am in awe, that she—who loathed seeing me coincidentally almost everyday—chose me to walk with her to the future we'll soon catch sight of...

To the future where I now found myself kneeling in one knee, revealing a [Your fav gem] ring inside of a box, in front of her.

"[Y/N], my darling, will you-"

"Stand up Mr. Ragnvindr. " She cuts me off with my speech that I've been practicing to perfect in weeks.

"What?" I hesitate.

"Stand up because you know my answer is yes!" I automatically stood up and had her jump in my arms. I embraced her so tightly—I have never doubted her answer, but I was still in shock that she had said yes.

I was happy—we were happy. It was the ending I craved for, the one I've longed for all these years. And although we've been together for many years now, I still can't ignore our unfavorable days where we couldn't agree with each other. Or when either of us felt envious. Or when we were too busy to give each other the attention we deserved. But in the end, we still loved each other. We had to see each other, we had to apologize, we had to fix our own silly mess.

We've come to a far future where we now sat in front of our manor, watching our kids run about through the vineyards. [Y/N] would often scold them if they've caught a crystal fly and slowly tried to put it in their mouths.

"You're turning old." I joked as she sat back down in a relief.

"Oh shut it, Ketchup head." She'd rolled her eyes. The eyes I see every night before I shut my own, the eyes that hypnotize me to love her more than I already do.

Everyone in Mondstadt knew the story of the mysterious Dark Knight hero, and the ever-so divine Raindrop Duchess. They will continue to be the childhood stories of little ones who dreams to be like me and my wife someday. But these unidentified heroes will continue to stay low, continue to be an unsolved mystery to every detectives of the Knights of Favonius.

What they'll never know, is that the Dark Knight hero fell in love with the Raindrop Duchess, who are now happily married and started a family of their own.

This became the ending I feel so satisfied with, the last page to where I proudly say;

The end.

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

Hi, I'm Anya. I also go by Avida Meraki in Wattpad. I'm just here to say thank you so much for supporting this book, for going in an adventure with me as I gradually write each chapter.

It feels like a rollercoaster, and I feel so emotional every time I write an epilogue. It's like writing a letter to the friends I made along the way—in this book—bidding my farewell.

Even though you're saying goodbye to the book, the author still stays. I will continue to write for every one of you simps, to hopefully make you laugh, cry, or even mad. <333

Yours truly,
Avida Meraki