𝟸𝟸. [ ' ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴛʀᴜʟʏ ' ] ⛈️

"Dear mother, I know you've been working hard lately on getting me a spouse. Especially trying to convince Raphael to marry me. But hear me out... I have fallen in love.. ugh no that won't work"

You scratched your head after resisting for the 5th time in front of the mirror. Many weeks have passed, and snow finally covered the city of freedom. Only now have you decided to face your mother.

"Dear mother, I am in love with Master Diluc, and he feels the same way- Was that too straightforward? Ugh.."

Lost in thought, a knock was suddenly heard in your door. Without saying a word, the person behind it invited themselves in.

Your eldest brother Conrad was at your doorstep, looking hesitant to speak for a moment. He rarely visits your room, or talk to you at all. But whatever it is, this must be important.

"I would just like to thank you for completing the mission I had almost given up on. Thanks to you, my employees are completely recovered from the frostbites" He said with his usual cold attitude. It didn't really seem like he was thankful, but this is a rare moment for you and you wouldn't want to miss this. "If there's anything I can do for you, please say it"

You thought carefully for a while. "Just promise me not to use those flowers to create poison and never sell this to anyone"

These flowers are so rare in fact, that it would cost a fortune. But you won't be taking that chance to be thrown thousands of mora from a person who'll create poisonous weapons using this material. If the four winds wanted to hide this from humanity, then you shall take every step to keep it away from the wrong hands, but also make good use of it to save others in need.

"You have my word" The teal haired man nods and left your room to continue with his work.

"now that that's settled, time to deal with mother" You gaze back at your tall mirror, simply staring at yourself as if the reflection was your mother. But no matter how many times you practice, the right words just won't come out.

"Y'know what, I'll just swing it" You fixed your hair a bit and neatly arrange your dress.

-

You were now entering your mother's office, who seemed really deep into her thoughts. "Uhm.. mother" You started fidgeting with your fingers.

The elder woman snapped back into reality as soon as her daughter called out to her. "Yes dear?"

"so uh.. about the engagement"

"oh! Did you finally received the mail? What does it say? Did he choose you?"

"No, you see, I came here to back out of this entire thing. I don't want to marry Raphael, mother"

Now you've said it, the woman before you stood up and you swore on Barbatos that you saw your life flash before your eyes.

"What about your future?" She slightly frowns, practically yelling.

"I have a whole new future planned ahead of me and it's gonna be with Diluc" You reasoned for dear life as if defending yourself before she starts attacking you with nonsense.

"Oh? The current owner of Dawn Winery?" she held her chin to think for a moment. From right there, you could only tap your foot repeatedly to wait for her reply.

"If you're truly in love with that Ragnvindr, then.. so be it" She sighs and sat back down. "What? Aren't you mad?" Your eyes grew wide. Unsure whether this is real or not.

"How could I? I only want you to get married so you'll be settled for life instead of running around like a single madwoman. If you want to break the contract to be with your true love, then I have no right to interfere" She stated.