𝟷𝟿. [' ᴄᴏɴғᴇss ᴛᴏ sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ '] 🍋 (⛈️)

A/N: Today's chapter is low-key randomly dramatic but hey, I WAS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS OK DON'T ATTACK ME ಥ╭╮ಥ

(H/C) = Hair Color

╔═════════════════╗
Your POV:
╚═════════════════╝

I have a meeting scheduled for today, and might I tell you I'm not looking forward to it. Of course, I'm glad to take part of a meeting regarding the community's safety for this coming month. However, I would've been thrilled if I never found out that Jean was leading the meeting. I should've expected this.

I don't know why I've always slandered her since I was a kid, she's never done anything bad to me.

but she has, towards the author.

The meeting might take longer than my regular ones, but I'll just zip my mouth to avoid speaking to her. But I already have a feeling that'll be impossible.

It should've been one of my brothers to be invited!

"Lady (Y/N), are you ready?" Rosaria peeks from the door frame, seeing me already dressed for the occasion.

"Yeah.." I let out a gloomy response and followed my lady-in-waiting downstairs.

I realized right then and there that I'll be entering possibly the most awkward situation in my entire life.

•------•°•✿•°•------•

"Welcome lady (Y/N)!" An old man greets me. I have no idea who in Barbatos' name is he but he seemed like a very important person. A noble who knows his worth in time and money.

I greeted the rest of the noblemen in the room, some were from clans I am very well familiar with, which were the prominent clans. The rest who attended the meeting were just the Knights of Favonius.

The Ragnvindr Clan wasn't present, they never show up. At least not after that tragic incident with Master Crepus Ragnvindr. Kaeya could count as a participant of the clan, however, his status remains unknown regarding his relationship with the said clan.

"Right, everybody please be seated" Jean began. How long has it been since I heard her voice? She sounds much more mature now, well... we're both adults, so that's pretty obvious.

This whole time I've been completely avoiding this woman, and I did a pretty good job. Her being super busy and having no time for friendship gives me the absolute advantage to completely disappear from her memory.