20. Dashami : Like maa durga going to her husband why can't you come back to me?

After lunch Trishna went near the pandal to clean the dry flowers , rice , leaves and everything that's on the pandal. The empty pandal made her sad again and that time she heard " Subho Dashami maa. "

She turned and with real Trishna's memory she knew the lady standing in front of her is her mother. But she doesn't remember mother of Trishna to ever visit her. She knows that woman never liked her but today while she looked at her. The girl who never experienced mothers love suddenly started to yearn for motherly warmth and affection. She could only utter " Maa ".

She slowly walked up to her mother and slowly bend to touch her feet. But her mother pulled her in her embrace and mother &daughter started crying. Years of anger , frustration and loneliness came out with tears as they both strangers cried holding each other looking for love.

Trishna called purvi and showed her mother. " Maa see this is my daughter your granddaughter and purvi this is your granny...mummy's mom go take her blessings. " as she said purvi went and touched her grandmothers feet to show respect.

" My my so cute just like you when were little. My princess...." said Trishna's mother and took purvi in her lap and gave her a necklace from her neck.

" Granny why didn't you came earlier to visit me ? " asked purvi. Mrs Bhattacharjee ( Trishna's mother ) said " Granny was little engaged in some work but now see I came to visit you and now stay with you for sometimes. " purvi jumped with a happy smile in her face.

" Maa let's have lunch and than you rest a bit. We can talk in the evening. " said Trishna. " samdhaanji , come with me let the kids have fun. And we will talk in my room , it has been so long that you haven't visited our house. " said Trishna's mother -in-law and both the ladies left the place.

" Puja bhabi if you are going to take the kids for afternoon nap take Purvi with you. " said Trishna. " Let me help you clean first. " Said puja. " I can do it bhabi you just take purvi with you okay. " said Trishna , puja nodded and left with purvi. Now Trishna alone started to clean the puja pandal.

" You welcome " she heard a voice and she knew it was Kabir talking with her. " Why would I thank you in the first place ? " she asked him while doing her work. " I convinced aunty to come and meet with you. I brought her here that's why. " said Kabir sounding very proud.

" well thank you. " she said while counting the total number of saree that were given for puja. " So dry ? Can't you show more enthusiasm ? Why are you getting so boring ? " he asked her.
" I am working " she replied to him. " Trisha ( his nickname for Trishna ) why are you ignoring me ? " he asked with a broken and teary voice.

Trishna didn't mind him and kept doing her work , like he didn't exist their in the first place . Kabir holded her hand and turned her towards him and said " I asked you why are you ignoring me ? Why are you running away from me ? Why are you acting like you don't know me at all ? "

" Please be respectful you're standing in my In - laws house. " said Trishna with a rude face and freed herself from his embrace. Kabir was confused but than he took it as another of her tantrums.

" You were forced into this relationship , you didn't wanted this marriage. I know I didn't do anything to protect you , I didn't supported you that time. Cause I was stupid but now with all my heart I want to help you....you don't worry I will manage everything. " said Kabir hoping to see Trishna moved and touched. But instead she laughed out loud.

" oh ! That....that you were my childhood mistake, I was young so didn't understood anything and liked and chased you but not anymore. And as for how am I with my husband ....haven't you seen my daughter ? Me and my husband are quite happy so don't worry. " said Trishna , and that made Kabir very angry ' saying such thing so loudly ....when you became so shameless ? '

" what has he given you other than a child to take care of , house work , end of your singing career.... You wanted to be a singer right ? Look at yourself have you ever choose this life ? " he asked her knowing that this words will definitely hit home.

" No , I never dreamed of this life. The life I imagined.... well this one is better than that. Sankalpa gave me a beautiful family filled with love , I found a friend in him , a person who loves me , I have a daughter who fulfilled my existence .....sankalpa completed me , healed my broken soul and as for my dreams they will live as long as I am alive .....so please don't bother yourself about me I am fine." Said Trishna.

" Trishna I may not be a good person to love in the past but now I have changed. Like maa durga went back to her husband today can't you come back to me ? " said Kabir. ' Doesn't matter how hard you try this line will stop you from acting more and I can see that girl who was mad in love with me ' thought Kabir.

" That can't happen cause I am already home....already I returned to my husband. And now I don't think so I can stay without him. He may leave me in future but I can never do that. So please in future stay away from me. Focus in your life and stay happy. " she said and left keeping Kabir stand alone in the pandal.

Sankalpa who came back from with his brothers watched them talk together. His eyes were dark for sometimes but when he heard Trishna talk his heart soften and he went in with a smile in his face. He went in his room and saw Trishna putting away neatly folded cloths in the covert. He slowly walked to her and hugged her from behind and hid his face in her shoulder.

" You're back ? What happened ? Sad for maa durga ? She will come back next year soon. " said Trishna comforting him. She thought something was off , since she never saw him this emotional. She could fell his tears on her neck where his face was resting and got little restless.

" sankalpa you alright ? What happened ? Sankalpa speak to me ...what happened ? " she asked him anxiously. She wanted to look at him but he didn't lose his grip and than whispered to her , " Trisi I love you. "