Chapter 4 (RE1)

Chris Redfield and Tyler Jones continued their adventure in search of their friend, Jill, and anyone else that could potentially be alive. The hopes of finding someone was slim. Brad was never in the mansion to begin with, so they knew he was certainly alive. They had stumbled across Rebecca Chambers, the medic for the Bravo Team. Their captain, Albert Wesker, was still alive and Jill was somewhere in this mansion, hopefully alive. Barry had disappeared since the start of this.

Joseph had been eaten alive by zombie canines. Richard had sacrificed himself to save Chris from Neptune. Forest had been turned into a zombie. Kenneth, when they had found him, was being eaten by a zombie. That was their first zombie encounter. The two still had some hope of finding the Bravo Team's captain, Enrico Marini, as well as finding Jill or Barry. But like the rest of this night, it wasn't looking hopeful.

From the courtyard study, they had now made their way back into the main garden and had sorted out the elevator, leading them down to the falls area. They had used the crank to fill the pool full of water once again before taking the elevator down. Where the waterfall used to be, was now an entrance leading underground. Tyler was the first to enter and climb down the ladder. It looked like some secret underground tunnelling system. However, to them, it seemed like a labyrinth with all the winding corners and multiple-choice pathways they could go down.

The two entered into what appeared to be a generator room. In the centre of the room was an elevator that seemed to be without power. Whatever that elevator would take them could give them the information they need to help them get out or what was actually going on in the first place. They continued into the next room. Upon turning the corner, the two found Marini propping himself up against the concrete wall. The two begin to run towards the fellow S.T.A.R.S. member.

"Enrico!" Chris exclaims to which Marini responds, "Don't... come any closer, Chris..." Tyler tilted her head slightly in confusion at the Bravo Team Captain's request. He then began to stand up slowly, using the wall for support. Tyler didn't know what to do. Her attention was on the Bravo Team captain, making sure he wouldn't shoot Chris.

"What happened?" Chris asked, remaining in the spot, not wanting to piss off the man who was now raising a gun towards him and calling him a 'double-crosser'. Luckily, Tyler was slightly in front of him and off to the side. She wasn't going to throw herself in harm's way this time. Well, Chris had hoped that she wouldn't do that again.

Everything happened so quickly. In a matter of a few seconds, the two heard a pistol click thinking that it was Marini's gun before a shot goes off. Enrico falls down, blood pouring out of the bullet wound from his chest. The two whip their heads around, only seeing a pair of black combat boots fleeing the scene.

Tyler sprinted after the boots, knowing full well that it was Wesker who had shot him. However, whether she would be able to catch up to him was a whole different matter. Meanwhile, Chris rushed to Enrico's side, who sputtered out, "Um... brel... la..." before he passed away. The brunet called out to the captain before shaking him, "A double-crosser?" he repeated the words he had said before he was shot.

By the side of Marini was a crank, similar to the one they had found earlier but the locking point was a different shape. Chris turns back to look at the entrance where he saw the perpetrator leave, an angry expression falling upon his face. However, his softened as Tyler rounded the corner, "Whoever it was, they've done a runner." She panted out, trying to catch her breath before she looked at him, "But they shouldn't have gone far." She assured him.

"We'll find who's done this." Chris spoke confidently before adding on, "He called someone a double-crosser." He pointed out; his attention still focused on the entrance as Jones wandered towards him. It crossed her mind whether Chris would think it was Wesker. I mean, in her mind everything was pointing to the blond douchebag, but that was her. Chris was completely different to her.