Chapter 6 (Post RE1)

Tyler's point of view

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since the Arklay nightmare, sorry the Arklay mansion incident and to say that it's been crazy is an understatement. Irons discarded are report on the incident, saying we were making up lies about it all despite him not being there. He was on are backs, watching us more and more.

Rebecca Chambers officially left the week we returned. The following morning after the incident, she handed her resignation letter to Irons before she upped and left. Hopefully, she's doing well compared to the rest of us.

Speaking of the rest of us, we've been investigating Umbrella and their bio-organic weaponry. Jill seemed to be leading the forefront of the investigation whilst Brad and Chris were covering more of the research aspect of it. I, myself, tried to remember the reports Jill had made, from the Resident Evil 3 Remake, so I could replicate it, but I kept failing.

Barry Burton wandered through the doors as Rebecca left. He explained that Wesker had blackmailed him into helping him or his family would be killed. Jill forgave him, after processing the information. So did Brad. Chris took a bit more persuading that the others. He wasn't used to betrayal on this extent, and he wasn't going through that again.

It took about two days of persuasion from yourself truly to get him to at least understand what Barry had to do and put it in perspective for Chris. What if he was in Barry's shoes and Wesker was threatening to kill Claire?

Barry jumped on board with the investigation and now we were back to the capacity of five S.T.A.R.S. members, and Connor who's presences was giving us the motivation and moral support we needed.

After that nightmarish night, Chris forced me to go to the Spencer Memorial Hospital to get checked out. I mean, they shouldn't be shocked seeing a S.T.A.R.S. member in a shit condition considering our job. The doctors and nurses patched me up properly, compared to the shitty job I did in the helicopter. Better stitching, disinfecting the wounds, hell even proper bandaging of the wounds.

Irons had made up some bullshit story that made its rounds in the media. Played it off as a pyromaniac wanting revenge on S.T.A.R.S. What a load of bullshit. Almost everyone at the station believed this cover up. Almost everyone.

I had told the six officers, that I had chance to call my friends, all about it. Every bit of detail. Well, except for the part where we're investigating Umbrella and Umbrella's involvement. As much as I trusted them, I didn't. We didn't know who was on our side and who was on Umbrella's.

The cover up seemed to have been devised from Irons, who made this public speech about it from the Press Room. All of the remaining S.T.A.R.S. members watched from the office, since we weren't invited, in utter disgust at the Chief's story. It was clear that he was in the pockets of Umbrella.

That only fuelled our determination to uncover Umbrella's plan and expose them to the world. One of the biggest pharmaceutical companies a cover for the creation of bioweapons. What fuelled us even further was that we found that Umbrella had a European base.

It was the only lead we had, since everything and everyone was getting killed off faster than a speedster. Chris volunteered to go, despite my own protests. In the end, the votes went to Chris on this one. He'd investigate the abandoned facility belonging to Umbrella. That was a hard conversation to have.

Maybe the crush I had on Chris turned in a heart-breaking love for him. I knew I couldn't really confess, especially since I could return back to my universe anytime. After that vote, I had stormed out of there, completely pissed. To be honest, I don't really remember much of the events.

Chris had followed me out and we argued a bit. I told him that I cared for him to let him just go comm silent and not knowing whether he was dead or not. He argued that Connor needed me, that the kid had lost his biological parents and that it would damage him further if he lost another parent.