Chapter 2

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G S E C R E T S
caput duo ❝in your dreams❞
━━━━━━━━

DRAVEN WHITTMORE WAS not your typical secondary school student. As we know St. Farlingtons Manor was the institution for the rich; the ones that don't have budgets and invest in real estate for fun, but Draven came from a lot more than just planning investments and strategies to be comfortable.

The Whittemore's were the face of the city. Envied, loathed and most definitely desired. You either loved or hated them, there was no in-between although most would go for the latter. Being wealthy was an understatement. They essentially ate money for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The family was based around lawyers and politicians, the best of the lot. They were the icing on the cake, with Draven being the cherry on the top.

He was the only son of the Whittemore family. He was their prized possession, the ultimate key to everything. Draven had everyone wrapped around his finger, luring them all. Boys wanted to be like him and the girls simply just wanted him. Mysterious, irresistible, untouchable Draven fucking Whittemore had it all and more. He didn't give a second glance to anyone. Didn't spare anyone another minute of his precious life. They weren't very important to him, nothing was and he did not care for anyone.

"Cat got your tongue or did you finally learn to shut your mouth because no one cares?" Draven insulted before he let out a light chuckle, clearly mocking Ileana. She stood with her arms crossed, narrowing her eyes at his rude remarks. "Do you just love staring at me? We can take care of that, all you need to do is ask and I won't say no."

Ileana scoffed, "Honestly no, your face looks like it was caught in a fire and one of your helpers had put it out with a baseball bat. It's not striking in any way."

"Great comeback, Amari. I'm impressed, how long did you have to think of that one? The whole week, perhaps the entire summer? It's probably the most entertaining thing you have said in your life, at the slightest." Draven carried on ridiculing Ileana like he always had. It was constant arguing and bickering at the littlest of things. They both ticked each other off.

She groaned out in frustration, "Oh god, Draven. You have the rest of your life to be a jerk, do us all a favour and take the day off."

"How about...no?" Ileana tapped her foot in annoyance and rolled her eyes. Draven loved how he rattled and infuriated her cage. He got under her skin just as much as she tested his patience. They both had the same motives and always found themselves in a conflict, it was an endless battle. "Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a few brain cells back there."

"Are you done? Because I'd like to get back to my dorm and you are in my way." She stepped forward but Draven wouldn't move.

He pointed his finger at her, "Actually, you came in my way. You barged into me, like the child you are. This isn't Hyde Park, you know, you shouldn't be running around the school." His pale hands were defined with veins popping out as if touching them would cause him pain. Draven had a few silver rings on and Ileana sometimes found herself staring at them for too long.

"And you shouldn't be anywhere near The Grove." She replied, knowing that he was well aware of that rule.

Draven didn't reply but reached for the outside pocket of his navy blazer and took out a small velvet pouch. With his index finger and thumb, he took out the bronze pin.

"Headmistress Lyttleton gave it to me, to hand it over to you. I was on my way to the dorm, which I had been given permission to, so you can stop with the goody-two-shoes act and put this whole fake persona to bed." The head girl badge. Lyttleton takes it away before we break up every year to avoid them getting lost, as they have been sent down from the alumni over centuries and are very special to the Manor. They're a symbol of leadership and being great role models.