Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G   S E C R E T S
caput quattuor ❝how about never❞
━━━━━━━━

CLASSES HAD ENDED for the day and students were either in their rooms studying, relaxing with friends or doing some sort of extra activity. St. Farlingtons Manor was home to the talented, the creative ones. The ones that exceeded expectations and went out of their comfort zone. Some had hobbies opposite of what they studied, and that's what made the students of The Manor stand out.

Ileana was in her room, putting on a casual yet sophisticated outfit. Outside of lesson hours, students could, if they wanted to, change out of their uniforms. One, so it would stay clean and second because they couldn't possibly stay in the same clothing for half the day.

She had showered after her lessons had finished, and was rushing to get ready to go to the library to see Draven. By seeing, she meant to struggle with him. Or argue, it was one or the other, even both if she was unlucky.

"How long are you going to be? I say we have a girls night today?" Aurelia spoke excitedly as the reflection gently hit the light hues in her brown eyes, making them glisten. "It's been a while, it's a Friday night and you guys sleep so early too."

"I'm not going to stay in the library forever unless he kills me," Ileana replied.

Leyla looked at her friends not convinced with this girls night, "What does this slumber party actually consist of? The last time we had one of those was at the beginning of the summer. I will never forget how Aurie nearly killed us when she lit scented candles and her curtains caught on fire. I swear your horse from outside saw the explosion before you did."

Aurelia groaned and Ileana cringed recollecting that very traumatic experience, "You didn't have to bring that up again. It was an accident and certainly not my fault. It was sad though, some of my posters got burned."

"Yeah, it  never is your fault." Leyla added and shook her head, "And please, no facial masks. These products you use don't work well with my Asian skin, they just irritate it and are slightly uncomfortable."

"Okay, no masks. But come on, let's just have this girls night. We can talk and catch up and I can paint your nails," She paused before cursing, "Shit, I can't paint your nails because you pray but, Ley, you can plait my hair. Oh my god, we can even tell ghost stories."

Ileana grabbed her bag making sure her laptop was inside and her folder, which contained all the important papers. "Yeah, I mean maybe we could sacrifice one night for you."

"Yay, I promise it'll be fun," Aurelia exclaimed before looking at Leyla so she could give the heads up and agree. Leyla fake smiled implying that she agreed but was also regretting her decision. "I'm so excited and don't be late Ileana, you need to be here at half seven o'clock."

It was currently six o'clock which gave Ileana one and a half hours to prepare and rehearse the presentation with the devil. "Got it, I better text him so you can come on time."

Aurelia was shocked as the words came out of her mouth, "So what you're telling me is, it's okay for you to have his number but I can't follow him and his friends. That's not fair."

"I don't have his number because I want to. I need it...for school reasons and our families are best friends. This is the first time I'll text him in about a year. Trust me, I'm the last person interested in texting him." Ileana explained. She had like she said, never texted him outside of school. They just happened to run the school delegation. Besides, she didn't have any intentions of talking to anyone intimately and Draven was the last person.