Chapter 8

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G S E C R E T S
caput octō ❝what are you staring at❞
━━━━━━━━

"I WISH I could go home for the weekend," Acari complained as he stared at Draven, who was backing his bag. "I mean go to your home for the weekend, I would rather stay here than go to mine."

Draven placed his shower bag inside, before looking through to see if you put his toothbrush inside, "Then stay here because I'm certainly not bringing you home."

"Rude. Now you're leaving me with Kyros, and Zhang isn't going to be here too." Acari sulked, "I can't believe you're leaving me with Kyros, he's more stuck up than you."

Draven shook his head, throwing his boxers, without folding them, "My parents don't want another child in the house. I think they have enough of the baby."

"Baby Sofia is cute, unlike you. I feel so sorry for that child, what did she do to have an uncle so grumpy and stuck up?" Acari chuckled, "I bet she cries when she sees you."

Draven zipped up his bag and then strolled to get his school bag. Today, after class finished, Draven was going to drive back home. The dinner with the Daher's was this weekend so he needed to be home today. Before going to the lesson, he would take his bags to his car, so that he wouldn't be late. Draven had a bad track record of never arriving on time. He would always arrive at the house past midnight when everyone was asleep, or sometimes just after dinner finished.

"Just be quiet and get up, go to your lesson." Draven taunted smacking his shins, as Acari lay fully clothed with shoes on his bed and his feet crossed.

"Nah, I'm taking a day off today." Draven furrowed his brows at his stupidity, "I submitted my UCAS application last night and I need rest. For mental health purposes, Dre. Now stop giving me that look and go put your stuff in your car."

He wasn't sure if Acari was serious or not. Draven simply thought his logic was outrageous and didn't make sense. "By sleeping right? You better not be up to some other shit."

"Yes, by sleeping. And that, by myself alone, in your bed. It's just better than mine and my room is cold." He replied slowly as if Draven didn't hear him properly the first time. "What else would I do?"

"That's fine, last time you were in here you decided to get very drunk." Draven pointed out trying to wash out the memory at the same time.

"Yeah, we don't speak of that. Now, please leave. Thank you."

Draven picked up his bags and scanned the room to see if he missed anything, as he wouldn't be returning after classes finished. Before turning the handle, he looked back, "Don't go through my things. And stay out of trouble." Acari nodded his head and watched Draven leave the room.

It was lunchtime, meaning Draven didn't have to rush to class after he put his luggage in the back of his car. Many students were either in the canteen or sat outside on the grounds of The Manor. It was quiet today but the rain didn't help the situation. The weather was gloomy, which wasn't quite surprising at all.

Draven didn't take very long to reach his car. The car park was a few minutes away from The Wards. Draven passed when he was seventeen and his father recently got him a Mercedes' GT63S, a supercar Draven has always wanted and that he earned. It was black and the interior was matching. It was Draven's prized possession. He opened up the truck and flung his bag inside.

Draven made his way back to the school and went straight to class, as it would be starting anytime soon.

Zhang had already made his way back home, his boyfriend had picked him up at the start of lunch and he would drop him off at the house. He didn't have any lessons in the afternoon and couldn't wait to get home.