Chapter 12

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G S E C R E T S
caput duodēcim ❝take my hand❞
━━━━━━━━

DRIP, DRIP, DRIP. Acari stared at the leak in the roof and tried not to laugh. "Dre, you little shit. Your roof is pissing. Get the fuck out and clean it." He shouted out to Draven who was having a shower in his bathroom and got no reply.

The school roof wore its age like a well-worn coat, bearing the scars of countless seasons. Students would playfully joke about carrying umbrellas inside or sport raincoats in the hallways, and the number of buckets in the old building was telling. The school tried repairing the roof; sending maintenance crews up with tools and patches to mend the weary surface. Yet, like an ageing body, the roof seemed to resist complete restoration.

It wasn't long till Zhang walked into the room, holding cufflinks and many ties in his hand, juggling them all. With his shirt slightly unbuttoned, it revealed a toned chest, adorned with a mesmerising tattoo. His raven-black hair, wet and tousled, hinted at a recent encounter with water. Droplets clung to his locks like precious gems, adding an element of raw appeal. His hair cascaded gently, framing his chiselled features and complementing his warm, almond-shaped eyes that sparkled like polished jade.

As he strolled towards Acari, Zhang moved with grace and ease. There was a certain self-assurance about him, yet he remained humble and down-to-earth. People loved him, and there was nothing wrong to say about him. He would often strike up conversations with strangers, genuinely interested in learning about their lives and experiences. Zhang was the most approachable of the four of them.

"Woah put a shirt on bro. Don't you think it's a little outrageous you come in here like some supermodel in an underwear campaign, not to mention this is a school, not a strip club?" Acari shook his head, and Zhang stood with a puzzled look trying to understand his friends' sentences.

Zhang's eyes suddenly widened and he immediately dropped the items and went to inspect Acari's eyes, "Thank god," He sighed in relief, "You're not high. I was worried because you just spoke a whole load of rubbish and it's the event today and we need you sober."

"Get away from me," Acari pushed Zhang. "Can you stop thinking I'm always on some shit? It's not cool, and you guys have such little faith in me. I'm not an addict you fuckers."

Zhang nodded his head at his roommate's words, "Whatever. Where's Dre? I need him to tell me which is better."

"Rude. You can ask me, I have great taste." Acari stared puzzled, looking closely at the ties Zhang held under his fingertips. "Yeah, maybe ask Draven. Sorry, my Dad's stylist picks out my clothes, I don't know shit about clothes."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about your prince antics."

"That's not me, have you met Kyros? He even looks like one." Acari chuckled, pushing himself back, laying on the bed with his legs hanging. "Draven be quick! There's a leak in the ceiling and Zhang needs you to baby him."

Zhang cursed under his breath, whilst he began to raid his brothers' perfume stash. "Dre, really keeps his empty bottles. What is up with him?"

"It's called refilling, dickhead." Draven spoke, patting his hair with his towel. "Leave my shit alone."

Draven faked a smile at his brother. It was always him, stealing his things away without permission and Draven wasn't going to let him take his perfumes, even the empty ones. He eyed the roof, "Not this again."

"I call it karma, Dre. That's what happened when you took this room from us, you know we wanted the bigger one. But you and Tinker Bell were being greedy. You should have let us take it on day one." Acari got up, explaining the situation from his perspective which Zhang gladly supported.