Chapter 6

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G S E C R E T S
caput sex ❝you truly do intrigue me❞
━━━━━━━━

WEEKENDS AT ST Farlingtons Manor were different compared to many schools across the country. Saturday was no different to a regular day, classes still went on but only for half the day. The rest of the weekend was reserved for the extra activities that were compulsory. However, for the senior students, they spent the time getting ready for the next step in their life.

University was crucial to the students, their parents and the teachers. Everyone who attended the institute landed a spot in a Russell Group University. They didn't settle for anything less and no one ever left St Farlington Manor without a fixed place. The schools spoke for themselves, Universities loved when students had come from private schools like The Manor. Students at the academy were the standard.

Did this mean students almost got an easy entry? Yes, but it wasn't like they weren't getting A and A*s. No one in the school even predicted a C at A-Level.

Ileana was stressed during this period, the thought of going to university scared her, but she was excited. She couldn't wait to get out in the world and truly focus on something she loved. It was also something she didn't want to speak about, it made her feel uneasy and it didn't sit well with her. So, she quietly got on with task alone.

She huffed out loudly as looked at her mothers missed call, "Can people stop disturbing me?" Ileana had been working on her personal statement that should have been done a while ago, but with revising for exams she couldn't possibly get everything done.

Leyla looked at her friend and ignored her. She wasn't surprised at Ileana's response, she was honestly used to her and didn't think her sudden reaction was alarming.

"This is the third time she rang me in five minutes. Why do mothers? It's not like I am not in school." Ileana announced as she reached for her phone and shook her head.

Leyla shrugged her shoulders, "Perhaps, she needs to speak to you. It might be important, you should send her a text and call her back later."

"But, I am at school and she knows I have fixed times for when I call her." Ileana stared at her screen before failing her mothers' number. Maybe this was important, I mean why else would she call her?

She stood up to get a good signal by the window and leaned on the window frame. Ileana had a great relationship with her mother, she was her best friend who she admired so much. Her mum was her role model in all aspects of life. Being the only daughter, Ileana spent more time with her mother than she did anyone else.

She didn't have to wait long before her mother picked up, "Ileana Amari Daher, I have been calling you all day, why haven't you picked up my phone?" She missed her voice, even though it hadn't been long, Ileana was happy she was finally speaking to her mother after a couple of week. The woman was currently screaming on the other end, but Ileana didn't care.

She lifted the phone a few inches from her face, to save her ears from the loud torture. "Marhaba, MaMa. How are you?"

"Ileana," Her mother repeated her name in a serious tone. "What have I told you about putting your phone on loud? I wouldn't call you for no reason."

Ileana was hesitant to reply, she didn't really know how to respond to her mother as this call really wasn't planned. "MaMa, I was studying and you're not supposed to call me for another day. Did you miss me already?" She let out a light chuckle. Ileana could already imagine her mothers face smiling at her but also annoyed for not answering her call.