Chapter 7

━━━━━━━━
I N C I T I N G   S E C R E T S
caput septem ❝not today mate❞
━━━━━━━━

"ARE YOU NERVOUS?" Zhang questioned Draven as he got ready in the boys changing rooms, which were outside the pool.

Draven had been waiting for this day to come. The Junior London Aquatic Championship Qualifiers. He spent most of his time swimming, day and night. It was one of Draven's greatest passions and he was actually quite proud of himself. Draven was unbelievably incredible at the sport, he was one of the best on his team. He was made for it, which earned him a deserved spot as team captain, for the SFM swim league.

Draven stood under the shower with his swim trunks on, closing his eyes feeling the lukewarm water hit his skin gently. His chiselled, muscular body was well proportioned and his skin achieved a smooth, papery look. Draven ran his long fingers through his wet hair flicking the water off, and then to the back of his neck, as droplets ran down his back. His shoulders were defiant and solid as could be. Draven had a body of a sculpture, and that was a very obvious fact. He was simply perfect.

Turning off the water and strolling to Zhang as he handed him the towel he spoke, shaking off the water from his hair, "Never. I don't get nervous, we all know that." Draven grabbed the towel and started patting it on his face, as he walked out of the shower unit.

"This is huge though," Zhang announced and followed up to his locker. "It's okay if you are. I know I would be."

Draven took out his swim goggles and held on to the locker door before closing it. He stared at his brother, reassuring him, "I'm not worried. I would tell you if I was. I got this, and if I don't...well, that won't happen anyways. You don't need to worry about it it."

Zhang peered into the natatorium as people walked to take their seats, "If you say so. Just do your best and I'm sure you'll be better than all those weirdos out there." Draven chuckled at his brother's attempt to sound mean, however, he knew that wasn't like Zhang.

"Trust me. I have been clean for a few weeks too, I haven't had sex either and I'm honestly the fittest I have been in a while. There's not an ounce of alcohol in my system and you know I have been on a healthy diet." Draven explained and Zhang nodded, knowing this was enough for him to come out on top. He didn't doubt Draven, he was just making sure that he was physically ready. Not only for the qualifiers but also throughout the whole competition, that's if he does get through this entry round.

Zhang smiled at his brother, "If only mum and dad saw this, they'd be so proud of you."

Their parents were very supportive of him. Even though they expected him to follow in their footsteps of becoming a lawyer or politician, they knew he also enjoyed this. It was his hobby, which they couldn't take away from him. This didn't mean Draven could forget about his A-levels and only focus on swimming. No, Draven was also expected to do it all. His swimming just made him stand out from the rest of the Whittemore family.

"They will, they said they would facetime you, so you better pick up mum's call. And if she forgets, just ring her. Niamh said she will be watching too." Draven spoke as he placed his goggles around his neck. "Right, let's go."

The boys followed to the exit of the changing rooms where Kyros and Acari were standing, chatting away. Many students had come to watch the qualifiers, and the place was filling up quickly as more arrived. Swim teams from different schools nearby had come as they took place in The Manor. Teams Draven did not like.

Just like any other sport, there was rivalry between the teams. It was intense and Draven hated them all. He despised the way they gawked at him from a distance. They spread rumours about him, false accusations that weren't very good for Draven's reputation. Although no one ever believed them, the thought of them existing burned Draven to the core. He wouldn't do anything, he wouldn't stoop to their level and be petty.