Karaoke?

A/N: Hey! I know I never do authors notes in the beginning of chapters but I felt as if I needed to. This chapter will have a bit of singing!!! So if you are unfamiliar with the song 'let it be' by none other than, the Beatles, listen to it ...just search it on YouTube(: the song has a significant role in the problems they're facing...Enjoy♪♥

-
-

I told Lilly we didn't have to speak about the appointment. And we didn't. Our lips were sealed the rest of the evening.
And the next morning too.

The deadline, or timestamp or whatever you see it as, it sucked. To say in the simplest words.

And I told her we didn't have to speak. But, if my mind said everything I was thinking out loud, it'd be impossible not to speak.
We had the rest of the summer together. That's it. Just one season left. Just one.
I didn't really understand it. She is fine right now. But in about one month, she'll be bed ridden. It didn't seem logical.

But every question we had about it, the doctor answered. "The next few weeks the cancer will spread rapidly."

I wanted to hate him. The doctor. I wanted to scream at him, "SAVE HER!" But I knew he couldn't. And I think that's why I wanted to hate him. And why I wanted to hate myself even more. We can't save her.

That's what my mind would say if It could speak.

I fiddled with the TV remote. I didn't really know what we were watching. I was trapped inside of my own mind.

I looked over to Lilly. She lay tangled up in my arms, as she stared blankly at the TV. I think she was trapped too.

And finally she looked at me. And she spoke. In all of the silence in the past 24 hours. It was really relieving to hear her.

"What are you doing today?" She asked randomly.

"Um. Well I have to practice my lines..." I started.

"I know, I mean after that, tonight?" She clarified.

"I'm hoping to be doing something with you." I smiled. "Why, what's up?"

She grinned. "Its Tuesday. And the bar down the street has Karaoke night. I think we should go. Just have fun. Get some stuff off our mind. Would you want to join me?"

"Karaoke? Really. I never pegged you to like that kind of stuff." I said.

"I like the way they do Karaoke. I've been there once or twice. Its cool. So, do you want to go?" She asked once again.

I would try anything I could to get Lilly out of the house. To make her smile for once since the appointment.

Even if that meant sitting in a bar, listening to amateurs ruin classic songs.

"Yeah, I would." I answered, smiling.

-
-

The bar, for a Tuesday, had a decent number of people. They were all really friendly.

Lilly said she'd been here once or twice. But she seemed to know everyone. Every corner we'd turn, Lilly would introduce me to another person. I guess I wasn't surprised. Lilly was a social butterfly.

We found our seats in front of the stage. A single microphone, stand and all, stood up on the stage. With a spotlight over it.

Kind of intimidating if you ask me.