Pay You A Visit

The once calm rain now pelted the windshield as we made the turn onto our street. We began scavenging for a parking spot.

That's exactly what parking in London felt like. A scavenger hunt. Especially the fact that we are coming in so late in the evening. I mean, it wasn't real late, probably around seven o'clock. But when your finding a parking spot, it may as well have been midnight.

Lilly found one a little ways down the street. A little bit of walking distance from the apartment. I bet Lilly was jumping for joy at that fact.

I got out of the car and joined Lilly on the sidewalk. Shutting her door for her. Then linking my arm to hers.

The rain washing the dampness of our clothes away, with more water. The pelting rain drops against the ground filled the complete silence of our narrow, one way street.

"I think, tonight calls for some hot tea, and a movie marathon." Lilly said, smiling.

"I think you're right." I huffed out of exhaustion. Then I looked down to her. "I never thanked you. For doing everything you did for me today. You really saved me today. I couldn't have done it without you."

She smiled. "That's the definition of a relationship. Being there for someone you love. No need to thank me."

I smiled in return.

"But I did do a lot for you today. So I think I deserve a royal treatment." She joked.

I chuckled. "My queen. What shall I do for you on this rainy night?" I said in pathetic, overbearing english accent.

"You shall treat me like royalty, good sir. You shall do whatever I ask." She said. Attempting to copy my english accent. Yet failing. She was too American. But I loved that she tried.

"As you wish, madame." And I kissed a raindrop off the side of her face. Wrapping my arms around her from behind, until we began to stop walking and sort of just swayed back and fourth.

"Is this what you had in mind, my queen?" I whispered.

I felt a smile form from her cheek, still grazing my lips. "Precisely." She answered.

She took my hands from behind and lead me down the sidewalk again. Until we approached our apartment.

I glanced up the stairs to the lobby and spotted a tall man. He was perched up against the side railing. He was shaded from the rain in a black hood.

Instinctively, I stepped in front of Lilly. I looked up to the man from the bottom of the stairs. "You waiting for someone?" I said in a deep voice. Trying to be as intimidating as I could to this hidden stranger at my doorstep.

The man jumped up from the railing, surprised. He looked down to us and grinned. "Yes." He laughed. "You." He said.

I squinted my eyes. The light hit his face finally so that I could identify him. My eyes widened in shock and my grip of Lilly's hand got loose. "Mr. Strauss?"

Tim chuckled. "I got your address from you resume. I just came by to talk. Sorry to surprise you like this and-" He cut off as he watched Lilly come around me and smile up to him.

"This must be..." Tim started. And I snapped out of my shock.

"This, this is Lilly Reynolds. She's my girlfriend. And Lilly this is Mr. Strauss. Director of the movie." I said, almost choking on my words.

"Call me Tim, please." He insisted.

Lilly made her way up the stairs and I followed. She shook his hand. "Its a pleasure to meet you." She basically glowed.