Dream

"So what do you want to see first? Parks? The museums are probably closed, but we can..." I started rambling. For some reason I was comfortable listening to her, but when it came to talking, I wasn't exactly a pro.

All I knew how to do was give compliments. That was my way of socializing.

I guess it could be worse.

"Surprise me." She said, halting me from my child-like babble.

I nodded, taking in her words. "As you wish."

I may not be good at socializing but, surprises were my specialty.

Thinking back now, I knew right away where to go. I knew the perfect spot, and I didn't think twice. It was as if I had known her for twenty years. I already knew her like the back of my hand.

And it didn't hurt that I knew London like the back of my hand too.

I was golden.

The spot we were going, wasn't really a big place. You couldn't find it on a map. It wasn't a tourist attraction. But for some reason, I just knew we had to go there. And on the way, I pointed out some streets and attractions, because after all, I did  promise her a tour.

It was getting later now. I didn't exactly know what time it was however. Like I said, she made time, not matter.

As we walked, we would talk here and there. Complimenting the attractions I would point out and talking about the origin of each one.

I remember thinking, that for a college dropout, she was smart. Every place I showed her, she'd know about already. She'd teach me. For a second, I forgot that I was the tour guide.

I wasn't really focused on the scenery of London. I've seen it all before. Lilly however, I felt like I'd never get sick of looking at her. Like there was still so much I needed to understand about her.

My eyes were locked onto her. I'm surprised that I didn't walk into any walls. Because my eyes couldn't move off of her smile. My ears couldn't hear anything else but her lovely voice. And my hands couldn't do anything but shake. Like my muscles were telling me to hold her hand. And my mind was saying the opposite. My mind and my muscles were at odds.

The streets were quiet when we got to the outer part of the city.

And when the conversation grew as quiet as the streets, my mind began to think of what to say next.

But before I could even find the things to say, Lilly spoke. "So." She looked up at me as we walked side by side, so casually. "Its your turn Mr. Hiddleston. Tell me about yourself."

I let out a quiet laugh. "Don't you already know about me?"

"I know about the guy, who is trying to make his name, famous. By pursuing his dream of acting. But no. I don't know about the guy, that's standing next to me now, walking me around London just because. And I really want to know about that guy." She answered.

"I don't really know where to start." I said.

She shrugged. "Well, we have all night. How about, starting from the beginning."

"I thought this was supposed to be a tour." I said.

Lilly laughed. "Come on. You and I both know this isn't a tour. Now go."

I sighed. "Ah, okay." And just like that, I told her everything about me.

I started from the begining, and it all came out. Like a book. I told her everything. I told her about my childhood. About my likes, and my dislikes. About how I've never really been in a serious relationship. Other than a few flings in college. About how my dream of being an actor, started early. And its been my dream ever since. About my motivation to fulfill my dreams.