Let It Rain

I held Lilly's hand over the center console. It rested comfortably over it. The only time she let go was when she had to make sharp turns. But it'd always find a way back to mine.

I was attempting to get off the subject of the audition. The more I thought about it, the more nervous i'd get. I didn't want to think about the script, or Timothy Strauss, or Lilly's favorite part, or my fake tears that were actually real. I wanted to talk about anything but all of the above.

Lilly understood. And that's exactly what she did. Taking my mind into another place. We began to discuss places we wanted to visit. I honestly don't know how we got into the conversation. But I know it was definitely random. Much like every other conversation we've had.

I never really thought about where I wanted to visit. I knew that once I got to be a big actor, when I got more popular, i'd have to travel more. And I knew that would be my chance to see more places. To explore the world outside of London England. I had my whole life ahead of me, to see everything I wanted to see.

Lilly on the other hand, she only had a certain amount of time to do her exploring. And she had a lot of destinations on her bucket list. California. Caribbean Islands, Hawaii, Brazil, Paris, Australia. They were all on her list. The way she spoke, told me that she knew she could'nt visit them all.

She smiled after finishing her long list of dream vacations. "I guess I just want a getaway. I could go anywhere. Just as long as I know i'm away from where I was." She glanced over at me from the driver side. Then back onto the road. Her sunglasses perched on top of her head. Which amused me, because it was such a cloudy day. "Would you take me away?" She asked.

I squeezed her delicate hand. "I'll take you anywhere you want darling."

She grinned at my answer. "Even if I said I wanted to spend a weekend in a cardboard box. Would you join me?"

"Of course. But i'm very picky. It can't just be any old box. It needs to be a high class box." I joked.

She laughed. "Oh of course! The box will have at least six bedrooms."

We both began to laugh in unison. Lilly took her hand out of mine to cover her mouth. She always seemed to cover her smile when she laughed. I just wanted to see her smile more. I was so tempted to move her hand. But I stopped myself.

Our laughs finally quieted. And she rested her hand back into mine. We were now back on the outskirts of the city. One block away from Patterson's Petals Flower Shop, and A few blocks away from the apartment. The only car on the street was ours. That didn't shock me. A few cars would pass by us. But the real busy part was further down into the city. Where all the shopping stores were. And obviously the landmarks, like Big Ben. The busy part of London never really interested me. I have seen the landmarks millions of times, and so has Lilly. And I was'nt much of a clothes shopper. I was into the parks, and little shops. The only time I ever went into the busy part of the city, was when I needed my morning coffee.

The sky was just beginning to get darker. But, like I said, it had been pretty dark and dreary all day. I was'nt too surprised when I saw a little rain drop hit the windshield. It was bound to happen sometime tonight.

We hadn't had much rain this month. July was pretty mild. It was quite odd for such a long streak of no rain. London was usually known for that kind of weather.

"Oh my gosh, is that rain!?" Lilly exclaimed. Reading my mind.

"Yeah, it looks like." I looked over to her as she leaned forward, towards the dash, her smile quite evident. "I'm guessing, you like rain?" I grinned.