Ferris Wheel

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some relationship guru. But I know enough to know that you don't just jump into a relationship. There are...phases.

Well at least in me and Lilly's case.

Our phases went like this, the awkward phase. And what I like to call, the falling phase.

I'll explain the third phase a little later in the story.

Right now, let's focus on the first two.

The awkward phase started immediately after we decided to carry on with this relationship.

The problem was, we only went on one date together. We only kissed once. Those were the key factors that made the whole relationship thing kind of tricky.

I didn't really know how to go about being Lilly's boyfriend. To be honest, for the first couple weeks, I just considered myself, her friend.

In those 2 weeks, during the awkward phase, we never kissed, never held hands, nothing too physical.

It was mostly talking. And going for walks.

My walking hobby became her hobby too. It was better to have someone with me.

But I didn't want to just be the guy she talked to. I wanted to be the guy to sweep her off of her feet.

I wanted to be the guy, I was on our first date.

Maybe it was my young, naive mind. But all I kept on thinking was... 'How do I go from friend, to something way more?'

Like I said, that awkward phase only lasted about two weeks.

Because the second phase started.

It started, the night of the carnival.

-

-

We were on one of our usual walks. It was a pleasant day. The first day of June. You could almost smell summer coming.

We continued getting to know each other through dialogue, which didn't bother me. And Lilly seemed content as well.

We were talking about our childhood. She was talking about a place that her family used to go in the summer. Before her father walked out on them.

It was basically a beach house. And she told me how her parents used to walk with her, to the boardwalk, not too far from their house. How she used to love spending time there.

Then, she stopped mid-sentence.

And I watched as she just looked down at her feet, deep in thought.

"What is it, Lilly?" I asked.

She gave the ground a small grin. Then looked back up to me. "I want to ride on a ferris wheel."

I laughed. "A ferris wheel?"

"Yeah. I love ferris wheels." She answered. She smiled at me. "We should go. There has to be a carnival around, Or a fair of some sort! Let's go!"

I grinned. "I do happen to know of a fair, just out side of the city."

She jumped in front of me, causing me to stop short. "Is there a ferris wheel?"

I nodded. Fighting the urge not to kiss her right there. "I do believe there is a ferris wheel."

Her face lit up. It was very easy to please her.

"Are you up for a trip to this fair?" She asked eagerly.

I grinned. "What are we waiting for?"

-