Chapter 24: Out of the Cage

"The total will be 3 million and 500 thousand. Are you sure you want to proceed?."

"Yes. Take it off of this account."

A knock on the door..

Another one...

Keys colliding with a clinking sound...

A door opens.

Chatter and footsteps...

Someone's calling my name..

I know that voice.....

"Mom! Dad!!."

"We're back son.."

"Kazuha! Hurry up we're going to be late from school!"

Beidou's voice rang from downstairs,
The boy woke up, heartbroken that it was just a dream. It felt so real..
A mysterious man bailed out his parents. They were there, again. They came back...
But it wasn't the reality.

He got up from his bed, taking a look at his phone before swiftly getting ready for school.
He kept having these dreams ever since that conversation with Scaramouche. It was good to see his parents at least there but.. It was heartbreaking to realize it's all just his helpless fantasy.

3 million and 500 thousand. He's hoping one day he could afford that. But he knows by that time he might be too late. He works 2 student jobs trying to save all the money he gets and his grades are high tier. All for them. He really wants to bring them back..

He blankly walked out to the hall where his almost 2 "moms" were waiting for him. They got into the car and drove to school. Another day where he'll be left alone with his thoughts.

Or so he thought...

"Maple headd!"
Venti said hugging him, he does that to literally everyone he's in good terms with.
Kazuha didn't mind but he hated that nickname though.
It reminded him of his rival. Who seemed to avoid him just like the other way around.

"What is it?"

"Why are you so upset again?"

"None of your business."

"Rude-"

"Venti you should let him be" Aether said, looking at their white haired friend in concern but he didn't ask a thing.

Kazuha was always grateful that Aether is so understanding, he felt bad he doesn't say anything to his friends but he really didn't feel like sharing this with anyone.
Not even Beidou even though she knew the most about him.

He sat down besides Thoma, who was as outgoing and laid back as ever, greeting his friend. The other just gave a small nod. This was the 2nd last day in school and the classes were mostly just there to make out the time for the law or something.

The teacher came in and everything went as it usually does, except no one really did anything, everyone just talked and enjoyed their last days of high school. It was pretty hard to believe they are graduating.

Kazuha on the other hand was lost in his thoughts, only able to think about his parents and his dream. He was devastated and didn't know what to do once he gets out of school.