Chapter 8

Aurora's POV

What just happened? Why did he faint? Was it that shocking that, the Hawkeye, fainted to the ground when Peter told him that I have 27 soulmates? It was so shocking that the rest of them are just staring at Hawkeye.

"i think we should lay him down on the bed. The floor is not really comfortable for a patient that fainted," i said to the others. Bruce and Steve snapped out of it and carried Hawkeye to another bed, next to mine while i start eating the lasagna.

I haven't eaten dinner yesterday, including breakfast for today because of my weight being over 4 kilogram. So, I'm starving. I didn't care that my weight will increased and my parent will punish me, i ate the food like it was no one's business.

"your really hungry, aren't you?" Peter asked. I just nodded. "i haven't eaten anything since last night. My mom said i was overweight." i answered.

"overweight? Darling, your weight is literally lower than the average weight for your age." Bruce explanation kind of made sense but i was too afraid of the consequences i have to face with my parents. "other than that, we still need to know about the scars on your body. So, who did it," Steve asked in a very low but strict tone.

I fidget with my hands. How can i possibly tell them that my parents did it? Would they be mad at me for being so weak or would they hurt them? Steve, Bruce, Peter, Shuri and T'challa  waited for my answer. I knew lying to my soulmates was wrong and it will their feelings if didn't tell them the truth.

As i was about to answer their question, a knock was heard at the door. When Peter got up to check, i noticed 2 of my soulmark burning up, meaning that 2 of my soulmates are behind that door.

Wanda's POV

I was searching the medical bay for king T'challa and Princess Shuri with vision(vision is human to make the story more sense. He used to be a robot but with Doctor Strange and Wanda's magic, they were able to make him human. He still has the mind stone's power, though) when my soulmark start burning. I looked over to Vision who looked at me confused and excited.

We looked around and stopped in front of one of the medical bedrooms. It was installed so that some doctors or patients can rest. I tried opening the door but it was locked. Vision wanted to teleport into the room but i managed to stop him. That would be a terrible introduction.

Instead, i knocked on the door and accepted the bond. Peter was on the other side. "Wanda, Vision, what are you doing here? Is something -" his words were stopped when a grunts was heard in the room. "just let us in" i asked, my mark burning even more. Peter stepped aside to let us in.

Steve, Bruce, King T'challa and Princess Shuri are surrounding a girl who was situated one of the bed. The girl was for certain my soulmate. "Wanda, i think we share a soulmate." Vision's opinion threw me off. "wait, what?" i said. I turned my head to the girl. "sweetie, what's your name and how many soulmates do you have?" i asked.

"my name is Aurora and i am 16. I have 26 soulmates," she replied. "say it again," Vision asked. "26" her reply was shocking. I guess i have to share Aurora with 26 other people who I'm guessing are also in this room.

"trust me, Wanda. We're not liking the situation at all but you can't really fight fate," Steve said, frustrating.

I walked up to Aurora and put my hand on her fave. It was bruised up. Her nose was broken and she has a black eye.

"what happened to her?" Vision asked. "it's a long story." Steve started explaining, starting from when he accidently hit her face with a metal door, her friens coming in to cjeck up on her, her condition and her friends.

Third person's POV

While Steve explained the situation to an angry Vision, Wanda decided that it was a good idea to look into Aurora's memory to understand what she was going on in life.

What she saw made her cry. Aurora's beating, training, bullies and even with all of this happening, Aurora never told anyone else except her friends because she didn't want to worry her big brother, Charles who was in the army. Wanda was so mad at herself for not finding Aurora soon. Maybe she would have been able to save her.

Aurora looked away from Steve and noticed Wanda who was in distress. Aurora got off the bed and pulled Wanda into her arm, comforting her. However, the words that came out of Wanda alarmed her.

"why didn’t you tell your brother what you parent's have done?"