Chapter 16

Bucky's POV

Aurora hasn't left her room ever since yesterday's incident. We tried looking up the weapon to find it's owner but FRIDAY is still scanning the weapon today.

The only thing we knew was the shooter didn't know Aurora's soulmate is the avengers. At the rooftop, the only thing that was left there was the used weapon (no fingerprint, still warm) and a document of Aurora with her picture.

"FRIDAY, are you still not done scanning?!" Stark asked. "forgive me, sir but it seems like this weapon is custom-made by the shooter itself. There is no fingerprint or hair anywhere on it." she replied.

"he's still out there?" Aurora exclaimed from the hallway. She starts shaking with fear. I quickly got up to comfort her, pulling her into my room for some privacy. "it's ok, doll. He can't harm you here. We'll protect you, alright?" i wiped the tears from her cheek and laid down on the bed with her.

I hummed a tune while rocking her back and forth. After a few minutes, she fell asleep. The eye bags were very noticeable. So, it's good that she's napping now. I slowly pry her fingers off my shirt and tuck her in before leaving the room. I was still stress out so throwing a few punches at the gym sounds great.

Steve's POV

I was throwing punches with Sam when Bucky came in. His shirt was wet at the front. " yo, Bucky. Is Aurora ok?" Sam asks. "yeah, she's fine. She didn't sleep last night. So i put her in bed, in my room," He replies, giving a few hits onto the punching bag. "this motherfucker is smart, I'll tell ya. He creates his own weapon to not get caught."

"he has to left something. A strand of hair? Fingerprints?" i argued. Bucky just shook his head. "nothing. The only indication that someone was up there was a riffle and documents about Aurora, no indication of us being her soulmate though....."

Suddenly, FRIDAY alerts us to the meeting room. We cleaned up and heads to the room. The whole team was already there when we arrived, even dr Strange." just yesterday morning, our soulmate faced a fail assassination attempt on Bucky's date. For now, we have to cancel our outdoor dating attempt and stick to the inside." Stark said with no snarky comment was suprising, really. But, it's good.

"we should also avoid food deliveries as well. Who knows, he might try to find a different option?" Pietro suggested. We all agreed. Stark pulls out a picture of the riffle (as seen from above^) in case we ever met anyone with the same riffle. So far, none of us have but SHIELD promised to look it up.

We left the room to do a bit of investigation after that. I decided to check on Aurora to see if she's ok. I opened the door and sat down on the bed. Weirdly, she was sweating a lot. I placed my on her forehead and pull back. She's burning! "FRIDAY, CALL BRUCE DOWN HERE! NOW!" i yelled out. Meanwhile, i wet a handkerchief to wipe her sweat and cool her temperature down.

Soon after, Bruce came in. He checked her temperature and pulse before kicking me out of the room. There was a lot of banging in the room but I trust Bruce with Aurora, our soulmate. I paced around in the living room. "what's going on, cap. I heard banging in Buck's room." Clint asks from the vents, again. "it's Aurora. When i went to check up on her,she was burning up." Bruce came out of the room after my reply.

"she's fine. She was stressed out too much. I gave her some medication but for now, it's better if we keep her stress free." Bruce hands me a bottle of pills. "give her 2 pills before eating. I'll inform the others about this." Bruce left the room soon after.

I heard Clint's footsteps, walking away from the living room, probably to Bucky's room to check up on Aurora's condition. I cook up some porridge for her when she wakes up.