Chapter 18

Writer's POV

The avengers stood there, confused and shock. "you brought Loki?!" Tony yelled out. "he's forbidden to come here. Why did you bring him here!?" "well, I-" Thor was cuts off when his brother, Loki disappeared from his grasp and was standing in front of a girl that he hadn't notice.

"my soulmate..." Loki whispered. He pulled Aurora into his arm and higs her tightly, tears coming out from his eyes. Steve noticed this and pulls them apart. All of a sudden, a bullet passed through them, missing Steve's head by an inch. Being shicked at the incoming bullet, Aurora passed out in Loki's arm.

The others quickly went into battle positions, surrounding Aurora while Loki carries her inside. Tony starts scanning the city for any movements from the shooter. They were finally spotted on the rooftop of an office building, 5 miles from the tower.

"Nat, Loki, Bruce,Vision, Wanda and Peter. Bring Aurora inside and make sure she's safe. The others, follow me".Tony suits up and flys out to the scene. Sam, Steve and Bucky followed by Pietro and Thor starts following him.

Loki lays Aurora on the couch while Bruce gets her some water and a wet cloth to cool her down a bit. Natasha left for a moment to tell Fury about the situation. "I'm not really suprised. The guy you were tracking down was Alex Michele, an ex-marine soldier. He was kicked out of the marine for selling the armies secrets. He went missing for the first couple of years before coming back as a hitman".

"then, why is he trying to kill Aurora?" Natasha exclaimed loudly. "well, it seems like Aurora's parents hired him to kill their daughter. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to kill your Soulmates brother as well as he was the one who exposed him". Fury reply. Natasha ended the call soon after before heading to the training room to cool off.

Aurora opened her eyes after a couple of hours. She opened her mouth to speak but her throat was too dry. Bruce noticed this and feeds her some water. "how do you feel, my queen?" Loki ask.

"fine, i think. What happened?"

"The hitman tried to land another hit on you but luckily, he missed," Natasha answers. "The others are chasing him down right now but it doesn't matter now, sweetheart. Right now, are you feeling alright?" Aurora nods her head in reply and lays back down to rest.

Meanwhile, Tony was chasing the hitman from the road. He was about to grab him when a huge, black, humanoid shaped monster grabbed the hitman and swallowed him. The others saw what happened and just stood there, staring at the monster. It noticed them and ran off.

They starts chasing after it but it quickly disappeared in the alleyways. "what the hell was that?!" Sam yells out.

"I've never seen anything like that before" Thor exclaims.

"Whatever it was, it didn't seem to harm other people but let's just keep a close eye on it, agreed?" the others nodded to Steve before heading back to the tower.