Chapter one

1973

1973

"Asshole!"
I ran along the long school corridor trying to get my cassette walkman back. "Stop! Give it back to me Peter! I'm serious!", I shouted. But Peter was clearly too fast for me. I watched him leave the building through the entrance door, about 10 meters away from me, and support himself on the stair railing in front of the high school. I arrived gasping at his place and tore the walkman out of his hand. "Why the hell did you do that?!", I yelled at him.

It was not a secret that Peter Maximoff and I hated each other abysmal. He was an idiot without friends, who, as if I didn't already have enough problems, set himself the task of getting on my nerves and making my life unbearable. Most of the time I ignored him but there were some situations in which I would have liked to punch him in the face. Just like when he stole my walkman with my favorite cassette from Led Zeppelin.

"You are an idiot!", I said when he didn't
answered, "That's why you don't have any friends."
I expected him to be sad or hurt but instead he tried to suppress a grin and I noticed that I also didn't have any friends. "Oh, that's not true. We are friends.", he said sarcastically. How something like that annoyed me! I groaned and leaned my head in my neck for a short moment.
"Is the sky pretty?", Peter asked.

"I hate you."

"Thanks."
I twisted my eyes, put on the headphones that hung on the walkman and left the school grounds.

I was on my way home. Unfortunately, my home was directly opposite to Peter's house and I often saw him dancing through his house or just staring to us. Peter stood on his driveway and was trying to dig out a key of his bag. Wait...didn't I leave him in front of the school? I was almost home, before he even started to go, wasn't I? How did he—

I tore myself out of the thought. It didn't matter. And above all, I wasn't interested in anything about the fact that Peter was a weirdo. I noticed that a long time ago. Anyways I had more important things to clarify.

Like my mutant powers.

Since I found out that I was a mutant, I didn't tell anyone. Well, I tried to keep it as a secret. Nobody knew it and that's good. I couldn't control my powers. They are very difficult and I even don't understand them.

I just could think something and that's happening. Like, if I would think that my house would explode, a second after that my house would explode. Just with...everything you can think of. It's not just hard to explain, I really couldn't.

I noticed, that I stared at Peter all the time. He was looking confused but also smirked at me like I was dumb. I put my headphones down and I quickly turned around, opened the door and entered my house. Everyday, at the same time I was alone. My mother had a full day job and wouldn't be back before 9:00 p.m. .

"Here you go again, y/n.", I whispered to myself. I went upstairs into my room. I hated my life. The same things happened every day. I got up, went to school, was annoyed by Peter, read and waited for my Mother. Her job went until 9:00 p.m. , like everyday. But most of the time she still went out and came home drunk at 01:00 a.m. .

I've had to endure that for almost 17 years now.

My gaze roamed over the posters of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin on my room wall. Well, that was my life. Over and over again. But I didn't cared at all. It was ok, and so long as nobody would find out that I'm a mutant, everything would be fine. 

~675

WOW!
yeah, that was the first chapter of my Quicksilver fan fiction. First of all : Hey! Thank you for reading. Sorry it was a bit short but I'll try to write longer chapters. I'm also sorry if you don't like the powers but I thought it would be cool. Thank you very much. Bye!