chapter twenty

*this is going to be a kinda long chapter tho*
Peter grabbed my hand and pulled me after him. We were late for the train and had to run all over the railway station. *yup I know kinda Kyle and Zoe vibes* "come on y/n....", he yelled.

"Sorry, Im just not as fast as you, okay?", I said kinda rude and tried to hurry up a little. "Do you even have a ticket?", I asked. "Do we need one?"
Peter smirked. Our train already arrived and the doors were about to close again.

Peter got behind me and hold my neck, "Whiplash... remember?" In the next moment we sat in the train. All way to New York or something. I didn't remembered the address.

The train was pretty vintage and kinda empty. There were only like three other people in our compartment. I glanced up to Peter. He was sitting next to me, headphones placed on his ears, listening to music and not even recognising that I stared at him.

He glanced back at me. I blushed and looked away. I could tell he was smirking for sure. Then loud music echoed through my ears. "Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree..."

Sweet dreams.... One of my favourites, I thought. But in that moment it gave me a little heart attack. I wasn't expecting Peter do put his headphones over my ears.

I tore them off. "Asshole...", I said and gave them back to him. Peter smiled kind, "I missed you, too. By the way."

"Did I say I missed you?", I asked with an ironic sound, "Well, sometimes I talk shit when I'm done with my nerves." Peter smirked. Then he only stared in my eyes. I guess just to confuse me or make me nervous.

But still I stared back.
"So....", I said, "How long are we driving now?"
Peter looked like he just snapped back into our reality. "What?", he said kinda dreamy.

"How long are we driving?", I repeated and smirked slightly. "Oh... uhhhhh like 2 hours.", he said quick and looked out of the window.

"Two hours in this train. We change and drive like another two hours.", he added. "Okay...", I said, still smirking. Now I knew how Peter felt all the time.

Even if I had already slept in the bus, on the way to Peter, I was pretty tired. I tapped Peter on his back, "Heyy, uh c-can I place my head on your shoulder?", I asked and smiled.

"Sure...", he said. I hesitantly put my head on his shoulder. Then he leaned his head against mine.

"Y/n...", he said after a while, "We have to get out of the train now..." I immediately stood up. Peter already stood and pulled me to one of the doors.

The train stopped and we got directly out.
"When does the next train arrives?"
"Hang on a sec. Im gonna look real quick.", he said and flashed away.

I stood alone for a while. The people around me were all hurrying up or getting out of trains. The crowd surrounded me. Now I had no idea where Peter was.

A hand grabbed mine and pulled me out of the people. "It's cancelled.", Peter said.
"What?"
"The train... the train is cancelled.", he repeated.

"Shit..."
"Yea... next one is coming tomorrow."
"Okay.. guess we're taking that one then."
"Yeah. I would look out for a place to sleep or something. Like a motel...", Peter said.

We leaved the station.
Without saying anything, Peter pulled me after him straight to a little motel.

A woman, like our age, sat behind a desk, with some papers, a bell and a tea or something on it. She must've been the receptionist. "Hi...", she said with a kinda turned on voice, "What can I do for you?"
"We'd like a room. The cheapest one you got."
She nodded and handed Peter a key out.

"You're lucky. We only got one room left. But for you I'll make it cheaper.", she said. Then she winked at him. Obviously flirting. Enough..., I thought. I made the tea fall all over her skinny jeans and smirked briefly.

Whoops, I thought. In that moment, I was glad Peter didn't noticed anything.

We went along a corridor to a wooden door. He unlocked the door to our room. At first glance, one thing stood out above all. Only one bed. A kinda pretty small one.

"Shit....", I said quietly.
"What?"
"Nothing."

"So... it's 7 pm.", Peter said, "You wanna go out and eat something?" "Yes.", I said immediately. I hadn't eat anything since I blasted the house.

Peter smiled, locked the door again and quickly hold my neck, "Take care, okay?", he said.
Then we stood in front of a little restaurant. He pulled me to a table.

After a while a waiter came to us and asked what we would like to drink. "Uh.. I would like a alcopop."
"Wait, you sure about that?", Peter said immediately, "I mean after what happened last time..."

"Peter, I'm not 17 anymore. That was ten years ago.", I said and ordered. "Right....", he said and looked to the floor. "Hey, you okay?", I asked.
"What? Uh yeah sure. It's just....."
"What?"

"I haven't seen you in 10 years... You're not the only person who shows feelings in a awkward way, okay? I mean it's so weird to see how you've changed."
Peter glanced up. "Nothing has changed. Not even my feelings about you, idiot."

He smiled. Then I think he realized that I basically just told him that I still loved him. "By the way, I don't really enjoy alcohol. Just wanted to act like I was an adult, I guess. I don't know why. And I'm not. I'm a fool, sorry."

"You're not a fool. You're....", he started and glanced and my eyes. I smiled. "You're perfect. Whatever you do, you're perfect to me." Then there was a awkward silence. "Even if you blast a house.", Peter added. I smirked briefly.

The waiter put the alcopop on our table and leaved again. "Okay, guess I'll just drink it.", I said.
"Or we're just leaving and getting something from KFC or something.", Peter said. He took my hand. I smiled bright, "okay let's go."

We left our table and Peter flashed us away. Needless to say we didn't paid.

"I didn't do such things for so long...", I said. We continued running after Peter flashed us away, straight to the next KFC.

"Hang on a sec. I'll be right back." Peter flashed away, without me. "Here...", he said immediately after it. "Got ya some food. Chicken... fries... you know.", he said, smiled and gave it to me.

"Nice....", I said.

A half hour later, it was already pretty dark, we just finished our food and got on our way to the motel.

We went along that corridor, straight to our door. We got in. I directly closed the door behind me.
"Kinda cool tho...", I said.
"What?"
"Your powers..."
"Wow...", Peter said, "You're so random."

"I just mean, I would love to have your powers. You can steal things, go where ever you want when ever you want... Glad you take me with you... I missed that.", I said. Peter smiled, "Thanks, I guess."

I laughed briefly, "gosh, I missed you.", I continued, "I missed you so much." Peter blushed but smirked at me. "Okay, enough of this... Uhh I think I'm just gonna get us some water or something from a vending machine..."

"Hey... wait.", Peter said. I was about to leave when Peter grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Huh?"
Peter smiled and me and chuckled slightly, "Y-you still like my hair?"

~1296