Chapter five

"Are you able to walk?", Peter asked.
"Are you able to shut up?"
I tried to walk to the door of Peters house but I fell down. "So you're not..."
He flashed over to me and in the next moment I stood in his Basement.
"Here, you certainly need some new clothes.", he said and handed me a pair of jeans, silver of course, and a shirt from him, "they will certainly be too big for you but better than nothing. The bathroom is over there, you can change your clothes in it. It's best to leave the wound tied up, I removed the bullet when you slept, but the wound is still bleeding a little.", Peter said emotionally cold and so quickly that I barely understood him.

"Thank you."
I went to the bathroom and changed. He was right, his clothes were to big for me but it was ok.

After a while of trying to heal my wound itself, Peter knocked on the door: "Is everything ok?"

"I'm fine.", I said and opened the bathroom door. I left the room.
"Wow...", Peter mumbled, "You look ridiculous in my clothes."

"How nice...", I said sarcastic.

"Where will I sleep?", I asked after a weird silence.

"You can sleep on the bed. I'll take the couch." , Peter answered.
"I can sleep on the couch as well."
"You're hurt and the couch isn't that comfortable."
"But-"
Peter interrupted me by pushing me softly on his bed: "It's fine. I often sleep on the couch."
"Ok, fine....."

I laid down on the bed. I put my headphones over my ears and listened to songs on my walkman. It was set on full volume and I guessed Peter also had heard it loudly.

"Y/n!", Peter took my headphones away. He stood in front of me and I sat down, "That's too loud, I can't sleep. Turn it off. Isn't that too loud for you too?" , he added.
"I like my music volume high enough to not hear you."

"I'll not talk to you anymore but can you just reduce the volume by half?!"
"I thought you also like to hear music loudly. Didn't you just hear 'hello hooray' by Alice Cooper loudly when Logan and the others recruited us?"
"Yeah, I did but that wasn't at 01:00 a.m. ..." , Peter said while trying to speak as clearly and slowly as possible for him.

"Fine."
I reduced the volume "But if you ever be at my house, I'm going listening to my music as loudly as I want at day and at night with a ghetto blaster."
"Im looking forward to it. Really. But we are unfortunately at my home. And no one, apart from me, is ghetto blasting anything." , Peter said, half smirking as well as condescending.

"Your home? You live in your mom's basement."
"Well, I like my mom's basement."
"But i guess visitors not. Do you still want to live here in 10 years, or what?", I expected an answer but he said nothing, "wow...then have fun in a life in virginity."

"What's about you? Where will you live in 10 years? Do you think you'll have a normal life? Huh, I don't think so. What if your mom finds out about you. If she will know that you're a mutant? I'll have mom's basement. You not." , Peter said with confidence.

That hit me hard. My mother had something against mutants. She perceived them as a threat and she would not shy away from extraditing her own daughter to the police or someone worse. I didn't to think about it, but I realized that Peter was right. Tears ran over my cheeks and I started to cry. I hadn't cried in ages, about since I was nine, and yet Peter managed to make me cry.

When I was nine, our both mothers were in the house. We were sent out to play something and I started riding on a somewhat shaky skateboard. I flew there and hit both knees. I heard Peter laugh afterwards. That was the last time I cried. At least until now.

I sat on Peter's bed, he next to me, and I cried my soul out of my body. He looked pretty surprised. "I- I- um- I'm sorry.", he stuttered. He didn't know what to do and obviously couldn't deal with the situation.

Because no one else was there, I put my head on Peter's shoulder and cried out.
He shrugged back but shortly afterwards he began to hug me carefully. I hugged him back. "It's pathetic to hug you...", I said with a whiny voice. Peter retreated but I pulled him back to me. "Please..Don't stop..."

After my crying slowly subsided, I whispered something in his ear: "I hate you and if you ever say something like that to me again, I'll kill you. Just like when you tell someone about that moment. Clear?" He pulled me a bit away and nodded.
"Good.", I smiled but I still had some tears in my eyes.

"I'll sleep now.", my voice still sounded a bit shaky. Peter stood up, nodded and handed me my headphones. I shook my head: "It's ok. I'll just sleep like that. Without music." In the next moment the lights in the whole room were gone and Peter laid asleep on the couch.

~870

I'm just writing that story for myself, right?
Well, I will keep going because I like to write.