chapter twenty six

I looked for a while at the place where Peter had been standing. I knew he wouldn't come back. He had better things to do. Just like me. But nevertheless it was still quite difficult for me to concentrate on our mission.

"Y/n... come on now.", Scott said. I snapped back into reality. I looked away and got closer to the others. "So what's the plan exactly?", I asked.

"Kurt tries to get the professor outta there. Just imagine any save place where you've been before. Jean will find you then. We others try to defend the pyramid, so you won't get interrupted.", Hank said.

I nodded. We all ran nearer to the pyramid.
"There's an entrance. It's clear.", Hank said. In that moment a weird guy with metal wings flew straight down to us.

"Kurt! Get in there!", Hank yelled. Kurt got away. Then that wing dude threw like some of his metal feathers on us. I stopped a few of them in the air and Jean used some pieces of the broken houses as a protect shield.

The guy flew away. He flew after Kurt.
"In the pyramid! Move!", Hank told us, "Go!"
As we wanted to run, lightning struck right in front of us and blocked the way.

A girl, most likely Peters and my age, landed in front of us and looked pretty pissed off. Then she summoned more lightning and wind.

The wind blew a car at us. Hank stopped it and Scott tried to shoot her with his laser eyes. So that's what the glasses are for. At the moment I felt very useless. Hank threw the car back at her.

My chance. I moved the car so that it'd fall exactly on her. But in that moment the car was cut through half by some pink laser girl. Fuck, really? How many people did this clown recruit?!, I thought.

I didn't knew the names of these guys. Apart from Erik, of course. But they were fucking annoying. "Split them up.", the laser girl said.

The thunder girl shot lightnings at us, so we all needed to run in a different direction. I could see Hank from my place. He was fighting one of them.

And he was clearly inferior to her. I stopped a wall, which had almost hit him. But I couldn't help from this place.

The laser girl was chocking him. I ran out of my hiding place and pushed her away telekinetically, so she flew like ten meters away. Hank immediately stood up. He nodded gratefully but briefly. Then he ran after her to fight her again.

In the moment I wanted to help again, Kurt teleported me on the jet. Most of the others were already there. The professor was laying on the ground. His hair was gone and he wasn't conscious. Hank appeared too.

"Let's go.", he said right after. I looked out of the window. I saw Peter right in front of his father. I wondered if he was telling it him right now. "I'm waiting here.", I said, "for Peter."

"He said they'd catch up.", Hank said, "I'm not going to put you in such big danger." "I can help. And easily handle them. Trust me.", I said. Then I opened the door of the jet and got out.

The others looked at me like I was insane. And I sure was but I didn't care. I only cared about Peter which fact made me kinda more insane.

They started the plane. But before I could react, the wing guy picked up the laser girl and flew them both up to the jet. "Shit!", I yelled.

I tried to reach them but they were too far away for my powers which I can't completely control yet.

Suddenly the plane steered directly forwards the ground. Shit, what's going on?! After about ten seconds, it had a very heavy crash landing. 

I gasped and put my hand up in front of my mouth, "FUCK!", I yelled. "We're alright, Kurt got us outta there.", I heard Jean's voice in my mind.

I took a deep breath. I was relieved. Where are you...?, I thought in hope that Jean could hear me. "In a house on your left. About fifty meters away.", Jean said. Okay I'm on my way.

I started running. Then I stopped. I had a weird feeling in my stomach. A pretty weird. I turned to my right. About sixty meters away, another blue guy stepped out of a weird pink bubble. He looked like the boss in some of the video games I used to play.

He looked over to me. Shit..., I thought. I don't quite know how, but he made me step backwards and melt me into a wall. I couldn't move. He was too far away so I couldn't use my powers.

In the next moment Peter appeared. He was stuck into the ground with one feet. "Foolish child.", I could hear the blue guy say.

I could see that Peter tried to punch him. But the blue guy caught his fist and twisted Peters arm.
Then that guy broke peters leg. Peter screamed. It felt like a knife would ramm into my heart. I could feel his pain.

"Peter!", I yelled as loud as I could. He glanced briefly at me. Then he looked to the ground. That laser girl was straight walking to them with her long sword. The guy took his hair and pulled his head back, "End him."

She pulled out with the sword and aimed on Peters neck. "NO!", I yelled. Peter looked at me again. Then he closed his eyes. He looked like he was preparing himself to die.

~953