chapter twenty seven

"No!", I yelled another time.

But it was too late. She was too close to him. To my surprise, however, she rammed the sword into the neck of the blue guy and not into Peter's. I haven't been so relieved in my whole life.

I couldn't lose him. I'd brake down on my knees and would never be able to stand up again. But I didn't lose him. Gladly.

I wanted to use my powers but as long as I couldn't control them, I was way too far away to do anything helpfully. And I could hurt Peter.

The guy, apocalypse, grabbed the girl at her neck and let go of Peter. I breathed a sigh of relief. That guy picked the girl up. His wounds were already gone. She choked. Then her whole skin turned blue.

It was Raven. I liked her. She was like the mother of this group and I really didn't want her to die. But the thing I cared about the most was that Peter was definitely going to be the next one. Apocalypse screamed something. I couldn't understand what.

It was quiet. I could only hear wind. Suddenly he dropped Raven. Was she dead? I looked at her with concern. No. She was definitely breathing.

Then the blue guy just stood there. I guess it was one of the Professors mind games. A loud rumbling sounded behind he. A whole wall of a house was removed.

I could see some of the others in that house. Apocalypse walked straight to them. Straight to me. But then two big metal pieces landed right in front of me and built a grand X.

Erik. That was one of that hero moments, I guess.
"You betray me?", Apocalypse said slowly in his creepy double dark voice. "No....", Erik said, "I betrayed them."

Erik threw all metal he could find on that bad guy now. Apocalypse built a heat shield which was burning down everything that touched it. Right next to Peter.

Shit..., I thought. I tried to concentrate. Don't control your powers just let them do everything... I closed my eyes. Then I felt the wall, I was stuck in, brake. I was free.

I immediately ran over to Peter. Apocalypse didn't care about me. He was busy with Erik. Hank jumped out of the house and saved Mystique.

I got to Peter and freed him. He smiled for less than a second. I immediately hugged him but briefly. Then I got him into a save corner. He sat down on the ground and leaned his back on a wall or something, "ugh...", he yelled as he touched the ground. I squatted next to him.

"You okay?", I asked, "I mean, of course you're not but like do you feel like you'll be fine when this shit is over or are you going to be like-"

Peter interrupted me, "It's okay... I'm okay. I... It's just I feel a lot of pain right now, you know."
"Everything will be fine..", I said and kissed his cheek, while trying not to hurt him, "It'll be alright."

He smiled but I could see his pain. I hugged him again. "I'll immediately band-aid your leg and make sure that it'll be okay soon after that shit is over."
It'd probably need more than a band-aid...

I stood up and walked backwards, so I was still looking at Peter. Okay now I'm gonna beat that blue ass, I thought.

"Wait. Stop, where're you going?", he said, "don't leave me." "Imma fight that guy.", I said and pointed behind me, "I will be right back after. I promise. I love you." I started going straight to apocalypse, forwards, now.

"Take care.", he said quietly.
I turned around, "I always do.", I said. "No, you don't.", he yelled. I smiled. Then I glanced at apocalypse again.

The most of the others had been starting to fight him while I talked with Peter. But we had no chance. He was too strong. Way too strong.