Chapter six

My mom never was and never would be a fan of mutants. She hated them like the plague. I never understood why . I thought mutants were cool. Even before I explored my ability.

1967
One year after I found out about my mutant powers . Mutants were just a rumor. Most of the people thought so. But still there were over 10000 people, who were the opinion that mutants were real and a danger. And they were right, of course not with the danger, but with some of many other things they thought about us. Those people would go through the hell to 'protect' the world from mutants. And my mom was one of them.

My dad must have been a mutant. I couldn't explain my genes in a other way. My mom didn't talk much about him. Maybe because of that.

I always wanted to know everything about my dad.
But he was dead and I was pretty sure that my mom never would talk about him again.

Mom never knew about my dad. I'm sure, because if she knew it, my dad would have died much earlier.

1967, all those people assembled for a big demonstration against us. Also my mom. And she wanted me to come with her. She actually dragged me to that demo. I was 11 at that time. A little girl in the middle of crazy and stupid humans . After the stream of people started to walk, I got through it and ran home, without my mom even noticed it.

I stood in front of my house but I hadn't got my key with me, so I couldn't enter. 1967 Peter was 12. He saw me alone around 10:00 o' clock p.m. .

"Hey...what are you doing out here that late?", he tapped on my shoulder and smiled a bit. In school, Peter was the biggest idiot in the world. We were in the same class and I could say for sure that he was the bully, the class clown and the loner or outsider, at the same time. I was just the freak, outsider or loner. Not the best combination. "Well, I can't enter. I forgot my key... hey wait, why are you so nice to me right now?"

"I'm always nice. Well maybe not always... like at school. But I try my best, clear? Come on. We go into my house, till your mom is back.", Peter smiled nicely but a bit mislay.
I hesitated at first but then I went with him.

"Why are you always that stupid asshole, in school? You are always that mean to me.", I finally asked after we sat down on the kitchen desk.
"Uh...well. That's hard to explain, man. I mean I don't really want to be a asshole. I- I just...uh. Doesn't matter anyway. I'll try to stop, ok?", he mumbled.

"My mom is back. I'll go home."
"Where were you even?"
"Oh..my mom just wanted to go on such a weird anti mutant demonstration with me. I luckily got out of that freak show early."
"Your mom doesn't like mutants, huh? What's about you?"
"I think we all are humans, right?", I smiled briefly and then I ran quickly to the door, "Well, what ever. Never Mind. You're an idiot. Bye!"

"Bye?", Peter said to himself after I got out of his house. That was the first and the last time that I was in his house.

Until 1973

I laid on Peters bed and tried to sleep but I couldn't. I just could think about that day. I got a lot of trouble from mom, because I didn't stayed until the end of that stupid goddamn demo.

I looked to Peter. He laid on the couch and tried to sleep. "Hey, Peter?"
He sighed annoyed. "Yeah?"
"Remember that day, six years ago, when I was like 11 and stood in front of my house at 10:00 p.m.? You got outside to me and you invited me in your house."

"I remember, yes. Why?", he still sounded very annoyed. "You seemed so nervously when I told you about the anti mutant demo. Because you did already know you're mutant?", I asked.

"I guess. Did I seemed nervously? I don't remember that well."

"I asked you, why you were always such a stupid asshole in school and why you were always that mean to me. You didn't answered."
"You still remember what we both said? Do you have a photographic memory or what's wrong with you?", he seemed nervously again.
"Maybe I have one. But that doesn't matter. Can you answer the question now? I won't be able to sleep if I don't know"

"I don't know. I can't remember. I guess I had a crush on you or something but that's over since ages.", Peter sounded very sleepy.
My heart missed a beat when he said that.
"Well...ok. Good night then..."
"Good nig-"
I interrupted Peter: "Peter come up here." Peter laid down beside me and was a bit confused. "One thing. If you had a crush on me, why have you always been so hard to me?", I looked in his maroon eyes and hoped to get a honest answer.

"I always hated you. I still do. And you hated, and hate, me too. I wanted to suppress my feelings. I liked to hate you, I still do. So I was mean to you.", he shrugged with his shoulders.

"Aww. I like it to hate you too.", I smirked, "I really hate you. Like the plague."

On his almost unfeeling face appeared a over big smile: "Thanks. I hate you too."
I turned away. "Maybe.", Peter added to his sentence.
"I'm sure, you do. After all, you're an idiot.", I smirked, "Good night."

~960