chapter nine

"Of course you do.", he smirked. "By the way I hate you too." I quickly jumped up from the bed. "Hey what do you want to do now? I guess you want to steal something. But I'm in." Peter scratched the back of his head and stood up too: "Cool. Let's go.", he said and grabbed his silver leather jacket. Then he looked at my leg, "Wait are you able to walk?"

"Sure, where we going to?"
"You'll see." In the next moment everything turned to a rush of colors and lights again and we stood in front of a records and cassette shop. "There are no cameras so...Get what you want.", Peter said and pushed me in the shop. "Forgot something, genius? I'm not fast."

Peter was one step away from the door and stopped. "I know...", he raised one eyebrow and nodded his head toward the cashier, "I'm fast so, I use my ability and you use yours. Distract him."

"Oh shit!", we heard the cashier scream. He disappeared behind the many shelves full of cassettes and records of my favorite bands.
"How did you-?", I interrupted Peter directly by pull him in the shop, around the corner, where the man had gone. "Oh wow..." The man, Bob according to his name tag, kneeled on the ground and tried with all of his power to repair the pipes that were spread all over the ceiling and had burst. Water spread over the floor out of them and Bob had no Chance to stop it. He wouldn't be able to hear Peter and me because of the loud roar that came from the pipes.

"This should give us five minutes to steal before he gives up and calls a plumber. Plus minus that he slip a few times.", I said before I walked to a shelve and started grabbing all new cassettes I missed.

"Cool." Peter vanished. I was pretty sure he took all Pink Floyd cassettes in super speed.

After four minutes he surfaced in the front door.
"Y/n. Come on. We gotta go." I tried to grab as much as I could and ran to Peter outside, to see how Bob slip three times on the floor and call a plumber. "How did you know that he will call a plumber?", Peter asked somehow confused. "I thought ahead." A loud thunder sounded. It started to rain and got windy. Peter ran under the next best shelter, as far away from the cassette shop as possible to not get caught.

The wind was cold and my body began to tremble. But I stayed in the middle of the rain. "What are you doing?", Peter asked and tried to get me under the shelter. "I love thunderstorms.", I screamed, because the storm was pretty loud. I spread my arms and leaned against the wind like a little child. Peter flashed over to me: "Aren't you cold?" "No", I shook my head and my teeth began to rattle. I was cold. I was like a cone, almost frozen. Really? Why did I say no?! "Obviously, you are.", Peter said.

He took off his leather jacket and put it on me. I looked up in the rain to his face and grinned: "That was too smooth, Maximoff. Even for you."

After a awkward silence I finally said: "So...it's raining like cats and dogs, we're both wet to the bone now, it's cold, it's almost dark because it's almost 8:00 p.m. and mutants have been heroes since noon today and the first thing we do is steal something with the help of our powers. And I just spoke as fast as you. What's next?"

Peter laughed briefly and shrugged his shoulders: "Well, I have video and card games."
I started grinning, grabbed his wrist and pulled him home: "Then let's go."

A half hour later we were in Peters basement and played on his Pong machine. We both were still wet and I still had Peters clothes and jacket on.

"I've already defeated you eleven times in a row, give up.", I laughed. "You cheated me with your powers, didn't you?", Peter said in frustration. "What? No. I didn't. You're a pretty bad loser, you know, Peter Maximoff?"

"Yeah, I know.", he grinned, "But maybe I just let you win."
"Mh, yeah. Or maybe I'm just better then you."
"I don't think so." Peter turned out the machine. "By the way...You're a pretty bad winner, you know, y/n y/l/n."

"Yeah, I know."
"You know...wow."
"How many more times do you want to say 'wow'?"
"Like 100 times a day..?", Peter said provoking.
"Then please do that in super speed, to not getting on my nerves.", I provoked back.

"Isn't all I say or do getting on your nerves?"
"In one word? Yeah. And I'm pretty sure you like getting on others nerves, don't ya?"
"Well, kind of. I like to see your annoyed face, when I do that." , Peter said, "Exactly the face that you are making right now."

"I'm not sure...should I say thanks or something?"
"If you want to. But that one was for free."
"Well, Whatever, never mind."

I sat down on Peters bed. "Hey, you know, you can also see that face without making my life a living hell." "I make your life a living hell?"
"Well-"
"Aren't you the one who counter me all the time and make me feel like a piece of shit? You make my life way more unbearable and I would be luckier if you wouldn't have had entered it." Peters voice sounded normal, just like always. It didn't sounded seriously but it still was hard.

"Wow...that was pretty hard." I breathed heavy.
"Sometimes, you are harder." Peter acted like he had said nothing: "So, it's only 11:00 p.m. do you want to watch a movie or something? I have James Bond Diamonds are forever."

Diamonds aren't forever. "No thanks. I already watched it like 7 times. Is it ok when I sleep now.", I asked but it somehow didn't sounded like a question.
I laid down on the bed and got the lights out with my powers. "Wait what's wrong?", Peter asked confused.
I didn't answered.

"Ok...night."

"Mh Mh." I know, I was acting weird. Obviously. But when someone hurts me, like Peter just did, I go in the defensive and try to suppress my feelings and thoughts, which could make something bad happen.

~1093

Thanks for all readers. I didn't expected so much. Just like 5 or something. Thank you very very much.