Chapter 31 (part 2)

Whoop! Next chapter. Not going to say much, just enjoy. And Vote! :)

            Saturday morning I woke up and the first thing I thought was; what is that wonderful smell? It smelled like pancakes and bacon with a side of hash brown. I swiftly got out of bed and went downstairs where I found my dad already up and cooking breakfast.

            "Good-morning!" He said brightly as I sauntered my way to the table.

            "Morning, dad. What's with all the cheeriness and breakfast-iness this morning?" I asked groggily.

            "No reason. Just woke up in a wondrous mood today. And Bethany is coming over to eat with us." He told me smiling foolishly.

            My head snapped up at him as he said Bethany's name. That was right! He had proposed to her last night. How could I forget? I jumped up and ran over to him. It was obvious by his joyful mood that she had said yes.

            "She said yes?!" I asked jumping up and down in front of him smiling like a kid who just heard that Santa was coming early this year.

            "She said yes!" He shouted happily before grabbing me into a bone-crushing hug.

            "That's wonderful dad!" I cried pulling away from him.

            "I know. I'm so happy right now, I don't know what to do with myself." He chuckled.

            "I am happy for you, dad," I told him smiling, "Man! This is so exciting! Does Renee know yet?"

            He turned away from me and started back to the pancakes.

            "Yeah, she came in right after I did last night. She already seemed to be down and when I told her she didn't seem too excited about it." He said hunching his back over the stove.

            "Dad, I'm sure she just had a long night. I know she likes Bethany. It's just something that she has to get used to. We all do. It's going to be different around here once she moves in. By the way, when is she going to move in? Before or after you get married? When are you even going to get married? Soon or soon?" My babble of rising questions just spilled out of my mouth before I could even concentrate on one thing.

            My dad shook his head, "I don't know. We were going to talk about it over breakfast today. Bethany says that she wants you girls involved in as much as possible. I don't even know if she wants to move in with us. She could want to buy a new place downtown or something to be closer to her gallery. We'll see when she gets here."

            "Oh, okay." I mumbled as my eyebrows pulled together.

            I didn't think about this all the way. There could be major changes in my life. We could move and I wouldn't be able to go to the same school anymore. I know I only have one year left but I don't want to leave my friends. Things are starting to work out now; I don't want to go now that everything is coming together.

            As much as I'd love for Bethany to come into our lives, I don't want things to change too much. It will be wonderful to have another woman figure around and I can't wait until she lives with us but I don't think I can move away from what I have right now.

            Nicole and I have become really good friends this year and I don't want to lose her. And I've always had Les around; it would just be weird if I couldn't see him every day. Not to mention what has been going on with Nate lately. I really like him and from what I have seen, he likes me too. I don't want to give something up that hasn't even started yet.