Chapter 40 part 2

Stoppity Stop stop! If you have not read part 1 go back and read or you'll be confused.

So this is part 2 and there may be more tears to come so grab your tissues! Just a warning ;)

Comment and Vote please!

And check out the song, it's literally perfect I think to tie the whole story together.

Tell me what you think and the next part should be out either tonight or tomorrow.

One and a half months later

            School was starting again. Only this time it was the last first day of high school I would ever have. Last year I thought that walking into my senior year would be different and it was, just not the way I thought it would be. This year instead of having Les drive me in his truck, I was the one parking in his usual parking space and walking alone into the building.

            People were staring at me with pitiful faces as I walked to homeroom. I tried my best to ignore them as they whispered things like, “I feel bad for her. She lost her best friend. I always thought they would end up together” Or “I wonder how she is dealing with it, I heard that she turned to drugs and alcohol this summer and spent most of her time with college guys.”

            When I heard people referring to Les and me, it left an emptiness in me. I had a feeling that if Les was never sick then we would have ended up together but things don’t work out the way you expect or want. The last rumor wasn’t true though. During the summer to get my mind off of everything, Les and Nate included, I had immersed myself in work. Not only did I start working for Bethany in photography, but I did a lot to help with the wedding.

            Nicole, Gary and Brad had been spending a lot of time with me too in order to get me through the pain I was feeling. We would go out on the weekends or just stay in and watch movies but they were always there when I needed them. Actually, for most of the summer I was always around someone or doing something. If my friends couldn’t hang out then Renee would force me to go out with her and Holden, whether it was to hang out with their college friends or to go out to eat, I was never alone. Maybe that’s how the rumor of me dating college guys started? Anyway, I guess it was a good thing, keeping busy kept my mind off of Les and Nate.

 Nate would have been there too but after the funeral I told him that I didn’t want to see him. I still had feelings for him but they were conflicting with my grievances. As much as I would like Nate to hold and comfort me whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on, it didn’t change the fact that we had broken up not too long ago. With everything going on, I couldn’t deal with my feelings towards him so I figured the best way to avoid that was to avoid him.

            Entering the classroom, I was immediately met with twenty pairs of eyes that weren’t being very coy with the way there were staring at me. As I walked by the teacher, she even gave me a sympathetic smile. Forcing a small hello and a smile I found a seat near the back and slumped in it trying to hide my watery eyes by keeping my head down.

            By the time we got our schedules and the teacher passed out all the notices we needed about senior year, about ten people had already come up to me and asked me how I was doing. Each time I would reply with a tiny shrug and told them I was doing fine. They would just nod back with pity in their eyes obviously not believing me.