chapter 6(part two)

As I was getting out of Les' truck I mumbled a thank you to him. He looked like he was about to say something but instead he just nodded. I raised one eyebrow questioningly.

"I was wondering-" he broke off and looked away from me.

I stared at him waiting for him to finish. He didn't so I prodded him, "Wondering what?"

He sat there thinking for a second then said, "Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll meet you there at six."

I knew that he wanted to say something else but I just let it be. It was going to be awhile before we could go back to normal. I nodded and got out of his truck, as soon as I made it to the door I heard tires screeching and I looked back to see Les booking it down the road. I sighed and walked into the house.I was on my way to my room when I heard talking coming from the living room. Knowing that my dad was at work and my sister was supposed to be here alone I got curious and turned around and tip toed into the living room. As I got closer I could start to hear the voices more clearly.

"-yeah, so she really needs to get over him. They have been friends since they were little, I always knew that she liked him and I thought that he liked her too! I was suprised when she told him and he said he didn't like her like that. You should have seen her face, she cried her sweet little heart out. And its my fault I shouldn't have made her tell him. I feel so awful." My sister's voice said.

I felt bad that she thought that this was her fault. She was just trying to help me. And in the long run it will, I can finally get over him now that I know he just wants to be friends. I was suprised that she thought he liked me but I guess anyone could make that mistake. We were really close and he always looks out for me. But like he said, he just thinks of me as a friend. I cringed at that thought but I focused back on the conversation. I heard a girl's voice that I didn't recognize.

"Hey, you were just trying to help her along. And everything will work itself out. She just needs to get over him and I know the perfect way to do that!"

"And what is that?" My sister asked the strange woman.

"Get her a guy! Of course!" The lady exclaimed.

Whoa whoa whoa! Did I just hear her right?!

"That is a brillant idea! Now I see why I am friends with you." Renee laughed.

"I know."Renee's friend stated.

Renee laughed again but then stopped, "Okay, so how are we going to find her a guy?"

Really Renee? Am I so hideous that it would be hard for me to get a guy? And seriously, she doesn't need to set me up!

"Well, I was thinking. My brother is single and he is pretty cute and smart. I know I haven't met your sister yet but we could just casually make them meet or something? Like over dinner?"

"Great idea. Sunday good?" Renee asked.

"Uhh, no he is away for the the week. He probably won't be able to come until the weekend after next."

"Oh, that's fine. I was hoping it could be a little sooner."

"Yeah, sorry."

"It's fine, so which brother is this-" I cut her off by stomping into the room. I had just about enough of this.

"Oh, hey Ruth." Renee smiled warily at me.

I decided not to bust her because I knew she was just trying to help. I'd just have to let this guy know when I meet him that I am not interested.

"Hey, who's this?" I asked shifting my gaze to the small blonde girl sitting next to her on the couch.

"Hi Ruth. I'm Geogia. A friend from college." She smiled.