𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

005. 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

clay and i met two months ago and since then we've become really close. we text regularly but we've never actually been to each other's home.

right now we were going over to clay's home. luna and stella are currently on the backseats inside their travel carrier.

"why do i need to bring luna and stella to your house?" i asked as he drove us to my home.

"i want them to meet my cat, patches." he smiled at me.

my eyes lit up. "you have a cat and never told me?"

"well sorry." he rolled his eyes.

"ugh, whatever. not like i cared or anything."

"well you better care because we're here." he announced as he pulled up to a two story home.

we got out of the car and i carried the carrier with me which wasn't as heavy since luna and stella were both somewhat light.

"is your roommate home?" i asked as he unlocked the front door.

"yeah but he's in his room doing...something." he wandered off.

"that's okay, i'll tell him hello whenever i see him."

he nodded and motioned for me to sit down on the couch.

"patches, come here baby." he cooed for her.

a small brown cat ran from upstairs, running as fast as they could towards clay.

"they're so cute oh my god." i gasped.

"this is patches, she's like a child to me."

"well hello patches." i smiled and leaned towards clay to pet her.

she purred as i scratched her head and slightly closed her eyes.

"she's very friendly so i hope she gets along with stella and luna."

i unlocked their carrier and let them walk out slowly. stella immediately spotted patches and froze while luna walked towards her.

clay let patches down to let them sniff each other.

luna meowed at patches, which she returned, and rubbed her head against patches' side.

"they love each other." i said in awe.

"stella's a bit frozen though." clay chuckled.

i looked back at stella who was still frozen in the same spot, like she just got caught doing something wrong.

patches left luna and walked towards stella.

stella immediately backed away but patches still followed.

she sat down in front of her, showing she wasn't going to chase her.

stella slowly approached patches and meowed at her, which patches did back as well.

clay went into the kitchen and came back to the living room. he threw a small cat toy at both of them, making them play together.

luna, stella, and patches were not running around everywhere chasing after the small toy.

"i thought stella was going to shit herself for a second there." i laughed.

clay sat besides me and nods. "i don't know why nick hasn't come out of his room yet."

as i was about to speak up a scream echoed through the house.

"LETS GO BABY, EASY WIN! KARL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH," the screaming continued. "SUCK ON THAT COLORBLIND BITCH."

"uh-"

clay got interrupted as a man ran down the staircase.

"DREAM YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPEN-" the man stopped as he reached the couch and stood there. "oh."

dream?

clay stood up besides his roommate and put his arm around his elbows.

"this is nick, my roommate."

"nice to meet you, again." i smiled and waved.

he waved back and smiled. "nice to meet you too, again."

"uhm clay, why did he call you dream?" i asked. "if you don't mind me asking."

"that's his str- OW!" nick yelped as clay held him tighter and smiled.

"that's my childhood nickname. you know, because i was a dreamer."

"yeah, and my childhood nickname was sapnap. you know, because i was a sapnapittus."

"a what?" i chuckled.

"he's just joking, haha so funny nick." clay glared at him before hitting the back of his head.

clay left to the kitchen to get a glass of water so nick sat besides me.

"you know, clay won't stop talking about you."

"is that so?" i chuckle and turned myself to look at him.

he nodded. "he seems to really like you so please don't hurt him, he's my best friend."

"i won't hurt him, i promise." i smiled.

"pinky promise?" he held his pinky up, waiting for me to hook my own with his.

i hooked my pinky with his. "pinky promise."

clay came back from the kitchen with a bottle of water and sat besides me.

"what did you guys pinky promise about?"

"nothing." we both answered quickly.

"hm, okay then," he muttered. "blair would you want to spend the night here today?"

i looked at him. "uhm, yeah sure!"

"clay we don't have a guest room." nick said awkwardly.

"ah shit, i forgot," he groaned. "we used our spare room for something else and i completely forgot."

"well she can just sleep in your room, right clay?"

my eyes widened a bit at the thought. there was no way i was going to sleep in the same bed as him.

"i can just sleep on the couch, i don't mind."

clay immediately shook his head. "no way, you're sleeping with me."

"okay then." i nodded.

"well then, i gotta go back to my room because karl is about to str- about to call me, yeah!"

nick waved goodbye to the cats and ran upstairs.

"oh- okay." i blinked.

"sorry about him, he's uh- you know."

"he seems fun to be around." i smiled.

꒰ ‧ ‧₊˚ time skip ₊˚ˑ  ⊹ ꒱

"clay are you sure you don't mind me sleeping with you?"

"it's a big bed, we can fit."

we both had changed into our pajamas inside the bathroom, separately of course.

we both layer in bed, facing each other.

"goodnight clay."

"goodnight blair."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

🗒 ❛ AUTHORS NOTE ༉‧₊˚✧
10/9/21
i just want to write cute chapters but forgot you have to go through that whole phase until they're together 😒