-One-

TW: panic, grief (coping)

I sat with Wilbur as his guitar hummed against the soft breeze. It was my favorite thing to do, sit in the gardens as Wilbur and I played soft tunes. Occasionally, Tommy and Tubbo, as well as Ranboo would join us. 

Today, they were here, swaying to the warm melody. I closed my eyes as I moved my bow, inhaling the scent of roses. Wilbur strummed the notes softly as he leaned against the trunk of a tree. 

I opened my eyes as the first song came to an end, watching Tommy's bright blue eyes as he smiled. Tubbo sat next to his best friend, the 17-year-old leaning his chin on his palm. Wilbur slowly stopped, exhaling as he set his guitar down. 

Ranboo was next to me, cross-legged and silent. His green and red eyes stared at me intently. He wouldn't stare me in the eyes though, not if he could avoid it. I set my violin and my bow down gently putting them on a bench.  

Ranboo scooted closer to me, watching me carefully. He had no reason to hesitate, he'd known me for many years. 

"Which song was that Freya?" Tubbo asked, looking up at me. 

"Milonga Del Angel" I informed him, meeting the blond's gaze. Tubbo nodded, recognizing the title. It was a song Wilbur and I often played, liking the melody. 

"It was pretty," Ranboo mumbled, his mouth quirking up shyly. I chuckled, ruffling the halfling's hair.  Tommy rolled his eyes, faking annoyance. 

"If you're going to play favorites, you could have at least done yourself a favor and chosen me" he joked. Wilbur choked on his cup of water, coughing. His body racked from both laughter and coughs as he tried to righten himself. Tubbo and Ranboo burst into laughter at the two boys. I sighed, shaking my head at their foolishness. I couldn't help but smile at their playful antics. 

Tommy looked at Wilbur, annoyed. 

"Fuck off Wilbur," he grumbled, crossing his arms. Wilbur managed to contain his laughter, wiping at his eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry Tommy...I didn't mean any-anything by it" Wilbur apologized as he caught his breath, still grinning. Tubbo smiled, looking at Tommy teasingly. 

"Don't take what Wil said to heart Tommy, I've known Ranboo for much longer, you're still very much one of my favorite people," I reassured, patting the blonde-haired prince fondly on the back. 

Tommy shot Wilbur a look as if to say "I told you I was better than you". Wilbur snorted, nodding his head.

"Lady Freya, Prince Wilbur, Prince Tommy, Ranboo, Tubbo, the King calls you inside!" a voice called out. I looked to my left, waving at Niki, my handmaid. 

Everyone stood up, picking up cups and our instruments. 

"Thank you, Niki," I replied, smiling at the pink-haired girl. Niki was my friend, she'd come into my room every night and we'd talk the hours away. She owned a small bakery in the village, I'd often go with Wilbur there to buy breakfast for the younger children. 

Niki bowed her head, giving me a wink and scurrying off. Wilbur hefted his guitar and all of us started towards the dining hall. 

Ranboo talked with Tommy and Tubbo, shaking his head at something Tommy had said. Ranboo was always with Tommy, hired by Philza after meeting him with me. I had introduced Ranboo to Tommy, as well as Tubbo. The three of them became fast friends, Tommy being allowed for once, to be surrounded by children his own age. 

Tubbo had been here since before I came. At first, I thought he was a prince, but Philza had explained that he had taken Tubbo under his wing, adopting him and training him until he became a guard.