-Twenty Three-

TW: anger, panic

"What do you mean?" Sapnap asked, frowning.

Wilbur sighed, pushing himself upright. He stared intensely at me.

"Why are you siding with them?" he asked me, ignoring Sapnap's question. "We were family Ady, you chose to listen to some king instead of listening to someone you've known for years?" he asks sadly, his voice quieting a little. I hear the slight cry in his words.

"He isn't some king Wil" I replied. "He's my childhood friend, I've known him since I was a child" I corrected. Wilbur huffed.

"You reunited with him two years ago, the two of you must have separated for a reason. Why hadn't you gone to live with him then?" Wilbur asked.

Sapnap's eyes narrowed.

"Frankly Wilbur, that is none of your concern, but if you must know, he left Ranboo and me" I replied. If I had said this a few years ago, my words would be placed with hurt and bitterness, but I had no ill regards towards him now. "He and I are close friends Wilbur, I've forgiven him and so has Ranboo" I informed him.

"Did you ever think about us?" Wilbur wondered out loud, his voice much sadder.

"Of course I did I spent much of the first year wallowing and crying, but now, I've been well accommodated to my new life, I have Dream back and I am free to explore," I told him.

"I do not regret a single year I spent with your family Wil, but I've made friends here and I'm-" I tried, but Wilbur cut me off.

"You had friends back in Gaminyth did you not?" Wilbur asks sharply. I nodded earnestly.

"I had Niki, but the rest of you were friends of mine because I was taken under your father's wing" I murmured. Wilbur looked hurt.

"Who do you have now? Isn't it the same thing Ady? You were kidnapped and you've made friends with your captors" Wilbur questioned, firing questions one after another.

Sapnap frowned, sitting upright at Wilbur's words.

"She has friends, I'm her friend, we treat her like family and for the record, she chose to stay with us, Prince Wilbur," Sapnap said defensively. " Lycoris is like a sister to me and you suggesting otherwise is highly offensive" he states with controlled anger. He knew his place, Wilbur was a Prince but he was very defensive over the relationship he and I shared. His dark brown eyes were livid with anger half unseen by Wilbur.

I knew if Wilbur carried on like this, Sapnap would not be able to contain his anger.

I put a calming hand on Sapnap's arm.

"Wilbur, you do not get to just assume the relationships I have formed" I stated. "Sapnap and George are very very good friends of mine, Dream and I, our relationship is similar to the one Ranboo and I have," I informed him.

Wilbur's eyes were wide.

"You and the king are that close?" he asked, perplexed. I nodded.

"Dream has helped me from the very very beginning, he was there when I first got the voices and he's experienced first hand what they had been able to do" I reply.

"When we get to the castle, you aren't going to greet everyone are you?" he asks, sounding deflated.

Seeing Phil and everyone else again.

I looked at Sapnap. He shrugged.

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to see them, but I will not be staying, I'll leave before the night ends" I sighed. Sapnap looks at me and holds my gaze.